Kadaj

Only You

Kadaj was a feared man, very much disliked by the people of Midgar. Just the thought of him, and the mere mention of his name was enough to strike fear into everyone's heart. That's how he was viewed, his brothers created the same terrified reaction among the people. Of course, when It came to love, Kadaj never gave it a second thought. It was pointless, stupid, a waste of time. Until he met her.

Being a feared person had its benefits, no one got in his way. They were all too scared to even get in his way while he walked the Midgar streets. Of course, when it came to (Y/n), she never showed an ounce of fear towards him. It was a nice change, but it also very much confused him. In a sense, she made him go soft.

Their conversations were always about various topics about things that Kadaj never thought he could relate to. He quite enjoyed the company of this girl, she was bubbly, smart, witty, and always wore a small smile on her face. Which was something that Kadaj was quite confused about, how could he even be slightly interested in her? Maybe it was the fact that she never showed any fear when he could approach, maybe it was the fact she was always nice to him. Or maybe it was because she actually treated him like a normal person.

Kadaj never thought he would be viewed more than just a copy, a puppet, incomplete. But when he met her, he made her feel like someone who had their own story to tell. If it wasn't for one angry outburst, he wouldn't have had the respect he had for her. But, again she showed him up and proved herself.

"Why aren't you scared of me?" He asked, his expression twisted in anger. "What do you want for me?"
"You." She said,flat out. Kadaj's expression didn't soften.
"Me?" He asked, sarcastically. "Or is it someone else you want?"
"Sephiroth isn't the one I fell in love with." She said, it rolled off her tongue like she had rehearsed it a million times. Kadaj turned away, not wanting her to see his shocked expression.

How could she admit it like it was nothing? What if he didn't feel the same? Does she not feel shame?

"Careful not to be so careless, (Y/n)." He warned, still faced away from her. "I am not what you think, I am not someone that could be loved. I am the bringer of the nightmare, someone who isn't..complete."
He hesitated on the last word, like it was a hard pill to swallow. He didn't even want to believe his own words, it was just a pathetic excuse to keep her away.

"If I should tumble, If I should fall..would you even hear me?" He mumbled,
"Here I am." She said, he turned back to her.
"Yes, there you are." He pulled out his sword, and walked towards her. Kadaj held up his sword, looking like he was about to strike her down. But she didn't flinch, she just kept her eyes locked with his. Kadaj let his arm go limp back to his side, be turned back around, frustrated.

"Why won't you run from me?" He asked, he turned back around. "Why do you care for me?"
(Y/n) slowly walked towards him, he didn't move. In one motion, she wrapped her arms around his waist, hugging him tightly. Kadaj stood there, he was about to shove her off, but stopped. His stiff position then started to fall, he dropped his sword to the ground. He wrapped his arms around her, at first it was just a soft hug, but then he hugged her desperately.

"Because I love you." She said, Kadaj couldn't help but let a small smile appear on his face.