Yazoo

Love sucks when you don't know what it's made of

(Y/n) put three items in a small, brown cardboard box, a small silver ring with a heart shaped diamond on it, a small picture, and a bullet shell. She closed the box, pulling out a sharpie and writing on the name 'Yazoo' on the small box. She brought the box to her lips, lightly kissing it. Putting it aside, she pulled out a piece of paper.

'Dear Yazoo,

This might come as a surprise, but I wanted to give these back to you. This letter is a small part of our big story. These items have their own stories, and this letter will be telling you those stories. But also, Yazoo. These items also tell the story of why we broke up.

The ring

Remember the first time we met? It was a normal, gloomy day that Midgar always had. I was in a rush, as usual, but I ran down the narrow streets, when I heard your motorcycle come blazing down the streets. You had almost ran be over, I stopped in my tracks, my heart racing. While you just sat on your motorcycle, glaring ar me.
"Hey! Watch where you're going!" I yelled I then kicked the front of your bike, "Stupid head!"
Okay, maybe that was a little uncalled for, and sorry for that dent on the front of your bike. But after that, I ran off, trying to make it to my destination.

I had a small waitressing job at the local bar, my boss would've killed me if I was late. I didn't even remember you following me, I just remembered arriving at the bar and throwing on my apron, ready to do my boring job. It wasn't until an hour into my shift, I noticed your silver hair, and piercing green and blue eyes. Since it was very busy, I did not recognize you. I served you like any other person, I asked what drink you wanted and your response was,

"I don't drink."
"What." I put down my notebook, meeting your gaze.
"I don't drink." You repeated. "But I've been wondering of you'll be free tonight."
I stared at you with confusion.
"I don't go out with strangers." I said, you chuckled. "Especially men I meet at bars."
"Technically, you meet men who drink and smoke. I am the exemption."
I couldn't help but smile.
"You do have a point. But you could be a murderer." I replyed, you smiled up at me. That damn smile.
"If I promise I'm not a murderer, would you agree to meet me near the monument after your shift?"
I sighed,
"Okay fine, but I don't even know your name."
"I'll see you then." You then put a small paper down, and walked out. I smiled, a little skeptical of what had just happened. I picked up the paper and it read,
"I'll see you soon.
From 'stupid head-"

I met you later after my shift, I was very skeptical at first. But when I saw you, something in my head told me to relax and just keep my mind open.
"Hello." You greeted, I smiled and waved. Instantly feeling guilty for calling you names.
"Hi, I'm sorry fo-"
You made me pause, by putting your hand gently on my mouth.
"Let me get to know you first." You then dropped your hand from my mouth, I blinked.
"Oh, okay." I said, you then guided me while we walked. You noted my fear of being abducted or murdered, so you assured me that we would stay in public.

We talked, and talked, until the sun was coming up. We kept walking around that damn monument, but we did mind. You told me about how you had brothers, and how you lived outside the city. At the end of our session, you grabbed a small, silver ring from you pocket.
"Human emotions are still new to me, but I understand you give a gift to your date after the night finishs." You said, I smiled, but I was shocked by the gift.
"You don't have to-"
"Do you not like it?" You asked.
"It's beautiful!" I defended, "But it's-"
You silenced me again.
"Then keep it."
And there you go, you had me under your spell, and I couldn't be happier.

If only I knew that this was the beginning of the end.

The Photo

The second is a very rare item, since I could barely get you in a picture. But it was the night of the carnival, we had be going our first a while then. We had our first kiss when you told me you didn't know how, and we had experienced a lot since then. But I haven't managed to get a picture of you, you would always disappear. But the night of the carnival, you couldn't escape. It was the events that happened after the picture, was when we had almost hit the breaking point.