Chapter 51

Brittany's POV

*
After making sure that Samantha was going to be safe, I rushed into Dexter's hideout with Rhea. I and Samantha found her and a few security men while we were trying to find a way to get back to Cole's house. She said had Cole told her to find him if he didn't return home in two days.

The guards were presently engaged in a battle with Dexter's hefty guards so Rhea and I could gain access into the building without being spotted. We encountered several other guards before and after we got into the building but Rhea defeated them easily since she was apparently a trained fighter while I just clutched onto a pepper spray on one hand and a silver knife on the other with a bag strapped on my back.

"Why do I have a feeling I've been here before?" Rhea questioned.

"Maybe you have. But we need to focus on finding Cole and the others first". I said.

"Cole's text says locker room". Rhea said.

"He texted you?" I questioned.

"Well... Yeah".

How?

I decided to keep the other questions I had to myself and focus on our goal.

"We need to find the locker room". She said.

"I don't think he meant an actual locker room". I said.

"So we need to find a room with lockers in it? That's still pretty much a locker room to me," She said, murmuring the last sentence to herself.

"We need to find where the items belonging to their captives are kept". I replied.

*
We walked for a few minutes before Rhea pulled me into a small empty room that was about the size of a janitors closet.

"Okay, so why are we here?" I asked in the most minimal voice I could muster.

"We have to change into these". She replied.

"About ten steps away from here, the security is a bit heavy so I got us these," She said, bringing out a pile of clothes.

"And this".

She pulled out a purse from the same bag she had pulled out the pile of clothes from.

"So... What are these for?" I questioned.

She rolled her eyes and replied.

"Uniforms for disguise. And in this purse," She said, holding out the purse in her hands. "I have identification cards and access cards. There are no cameras at this side of the building because this is the janitors' block so we won't be spotted".

We both quickly changed into the disguise uniforms and clipped our fake identification cards to the front pockets. Then tucked in the access cards into one of the baggy pockets by the side.

True to Rhea's suspicion, the security was extremely tight. But of course, we got through, thanks to the I.D and access cards.

"Hallway clean up". Rhea told the security man who had a questioning look on his face.

"Okay, where are your access cards?"

We showed him our access cards then he allowed us passage into the next hallway.

After searching for a while, we found a room that looked suspicious. Instead of the heavy wooden doors use for other rooms, the door of this room was made of heavy metal.

There was a card reader beside it. Well, that was a problem.

"Whatever we're looking for needs to be in here". I whispered to Rhea.