Chapter 28

Picture of dress above ^^

"It's time to wake up birthday girl". Cole said.

I was forced to open my eyes because Cole was using something light to tickle the side of my face.

I groaned as I finally opened my eyes.

"Morning". I greeted.

"Happy birthday". He said in an almost whisper.

"Thanks". I said with a sweet genuine smile.

"Time to get dressed. It's your big day and you should look flawless so I bought this dress," He said, showing me a box with a ribbon tied on it. "And a couple of other things. Oh, and your gift". He said, handing a small box over to me.

I took it and stared in awe at the beautiful necklace he got me.

It was like the prettiest necklace I had ever seen.

I opened my mouth to say a 'thank you' but I ended up squealing.

Gosh, I couldn't remember the last time I squealed.

"So, do you like it?" He asked.

"Are you kidding me?!? I don't like it!" I said.

He looked at me like I had grown two heads.

"I love it!" I squealed again.

His expression softened.

"Go get changed and meet me downstairs". He said and left.

I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and shower.

It was finally time to get dressed.

I opened the box, revealing a blue dress.

I brought it out of the box and studied it before finally putting it on.

It was a short sleeved backless dress. It hugged my figure so much I was in love with it even though it seemed too much for a pet.

I put on a new pair of silver shoes to match and finally, the necklace.

I applied some balm on my lips and attempted to brush my hair without pulling it off my scalp.

After I succeeded in brushing it up, I styled it up... At least I attempted to.

When I was sure I looked okay, I went downstairs.

The smell of pancakes made me realize how hungry I was.

I traced the smell of pancakes to a small table near the kitchen. I finally found the delicious looking pancakes.

Beside it was a piece of paper.

'Meet me at the place I took you to last night. Wait for the next clue'.

I smiled and went out to the garden.

Wait, he blindfolded my eyes so I didn't see the way to where he took me to the previous night.

I guess I just need to figure it out myself.

It didn't take long to figure out. I discovered there was a place in the garden that had a lot more flowers than the other parts and they were specifically roses with a- slight, not so obvious opening between the roses, obviously left there on purpose.

The table from yesterday was still there but there was a bunch of mixed flowers on it. I took it and search for the next clue.

Another piece of paper fell out of it.

'Walk further to your right and find your way here'.

I walked further to my right as instructed by the paper. After walking a little but further, the only turn led to a dead end.