Chapter 40

'I'm dancing with Lord Martin'. I informed Cole through telepathy.

'Stay calm, okay?'

'Mhm'.

I knew I had to choose my words carefully when dancing with Lord Martin. I didn't need a soothsayer to tell me that Lord Martin was a cunning and devious person. His aura said it all.

"Pet, you know it's a little bit surprising that Cole hasn't killed you yet". Lord Martin said.

I didn't know if it was a question or simply a statement so I kept mute.

After a few seconds passed by without me uttering a word, I felt someone trying to access my thoughts. I knew it was Lord Martin. I subconsciously blocked him out which was weird 'cause  I can't recall ever doing that. Sometimes I didn't even know that someone was accessing my thoughts.

"You're really interesting," He said thoughtfully.

"What type of pet shop were you bought from?"

"I'm assuming it's a royal pet shop, my lord". I said courteously.

"Who sold you to the pet shop?" He asked.

"I was captured and drugged, my lord". I said.

"Do you have any family?"

"Yes, my lord". I said.

"How many?"

"I lived with my dad before I was captured, my lord". I said, trying hard not go step on his foot. He was asking too much questions already.

"I lived with my dad, step mom and step sister before I was captured. I do not know of any other family, my lord". I said.

No questions please.... No more questions... No...

"How old are you?"

Oh no, more questions.

'He wants to know my age'  I told Cole.

'Tell him you're eighteen'. Cole replied.

"I'm eighteen, my lord". I told Lord Martin.

"Hmm, eighteen". He said thoughtfully.

"Yes, my lord".

Okay, seriously, no more que-

"So-" He began.

Oh no! More questions.

"Can you tell me how you got captured?" He said.

"In detail," He added.

'He wants to know how I-'

'Don't worry. He won't ask questions again," Cole said, interrupting me.

Just then, I saw a slave approach us.

"M- my g- greetings lord M- Martin". The slave stuttered while bowing his head.

"What do you want?" Lord Martin asked harshly, probably frustrated that our conversation got interrupted.

"Princess Rhea has requested the pet be brought to her," The slave said.

"Tell her I'll personally bring the pet to her when I'm done with it". He said, dismissing the slave.

The fact that he referred to me as 'it' didn't go unnoticed by me.

"Lord Martin," Rhea said as she approached us.

He let go of me to acknowledge Rhea's presence.

"Ah, Princess Rhea," Lord Martin said, taking Rhea's hand in his.