Bonus Chapter

A/N: This is a very short chapter.

RHEA'S POV

I tried to stop myself from crying as I listened to my brother's speech. A tear drop slid down my cheek as he placed the crown on Brittany's head.

Cole used to be a very horrible and heartless person. I remember how we used to fight a lot when we were younger. I used to think there was no hope for him. Then Brittany came, she believed in him and brought out his good side. A side I never thought existed in him.

He was here today, wearing the biggest smile on his face. I was proud of him.

We all moved to the main hall where the party had already started.

I made my way to the table that was already filled with varieties of snacks and picked up a plate, filling the plates with some snacks.

Food wasn't a necessity for me but I was a little bit obsessed with human food. I loved the different flavors that hit my taste buds any time I put a snack in my mouth.

"Hey, Rhea". An all too familiar voice said.

I turned around to face the owner of the voice with a mouth filled with snacks.

Then I felt my faint heartbeat increase as butterflies fluttered in my stomach.

I developed feelings for him a few months ago and I haven't been able to do anything about it.

If someone told the younger me that I was going to eventually have feelings for someone, I'd laugh in that person's face. But look at me now, feeling butterflies in my stomach.

I took my time and swallowed the snacks in my mouth before replying.

"Hi," I said, straightening my shoulders.

He laughed.

"Hi? Seriously?" He said, still laughing.

I rolled my eyes.

"What do you want?" I asked.

He stopped laughing and stood straight.

I could have sworn that his pale face flushed a little bit.

"Oh, yeah. I- uh, I saw you attacking these poor snacks and so I came here to rescue the snacks from you".

I raised an eyebrow.

"Seriously?" I voiced out.

"Oh, yeah. That sounded stupid. I just wanted to ask if you'd dance with me. I mean, everyone's dancing and we both don't have dance partners..."

"You talk a lot". I stated.

He rubbed the back of his neck and grinned.

HE WAS NERVOUS!

It took everything in me to keep up my composed posture.

"So... Will you dance with me?" He asked, after a few seconds of silence.

"Sure. I don't have anyone to dance with anyway". I said.

He grinned as I placed my hand in his.

He placed his other hand on my waist and guided me to the dance floor.

I was going to slow dance with Malcolm!  

***
A/N: Hey beautiful people!

Who expected that?😏

Thanks for reading the short bonus chapter.

I'll be publishing a Q&A shortly 🙂

Stay tuned.

Love y'all 😘❤😘