Chapter 29

Brittany's POV

I stared at the papers in mixed shock and confusion.

"What's this?" I asked.

He hesitated before answering.

"Britt, I really don't know how to tell you this but you're not sixteen, you're nineteen". Cole said calmly.

I mean, how could he say something like that so calmly when I was raging inside.

"What do you mean? I'm not three you know, I can tell my age so why will you say I'm not sixteen?!" I yelled.

I wasn't taking this lightly. This had to be some kind of joke. Nineteen? Really?

"You've been using a fake birth certificate Britt, your dad's room was searched and we found the original certificate".

Okay, it was definitely not a joke. But... How?

"W-why did he have to do that? It feels like my whole life has been a lie! Why would he make a fake certificate? Why would my age be a lie?" I said, the tears were threatening to spill out.

This was crazy!

"I know it's really hard to believe. I don't know how Rhea found it out but she just knew something was wrong- but we also found out something else".

"Another bad news?" My voice cracked.

He nodded slowly.

"I honestly don't know how to tell you now. Maybe we should forget about it". He said hesitantly.

"Just say it. Either way, I'm still gonna find out so why don't you just tell me now?" I said.

"You are really not gonna take this lightly". He said, still hesitating.

"But I have the right to know, right?"

He nodded.

After a two minutes of silence and hesitation, he spoke up.

"He's dead". He said.

I scrunched up my brows in confusion.

"Who's dead?" I asked.

He hesitated a little bit more.

"Your- your dad's dead". He said.

That was all it took for me to break down. My knees weakened as I fell to the floor. He did a lot of things that were not nice to me but I still loved him.

"D- dad's dead?" I said, tears running down my cheeks.

"He has been dead before you were sold. Your so-called step mom is a demon. A demon possessed your dad's body, I don't know what they wanted but they had to get rid of you to achieve whatever they wanted". He said before finally noticing my messed up state.

He walked up to me and picked me up bridal style, placing me on the bed.

The information was not settling well with me. A lot of thoughts were going through my head at that moment.

My whole life had been a lie!

My body shook as I cried uncontrollably. The temperature of the room suddenly increased.

I gasped for breath as my vision became blurry.

What was happening to me?

"Brittany!" I heard Cole yell.

He was so near yet his voice was so distant.

"C-cole". I whispered.

"Stay awake Britt, don't close your eyes".

Through my blurry vision, I watched Cole pick up his phone as he hurriedly tapped on it. He placed the phone on his ear and said some things I could not hear or understand.

I was struggling to stay awake but I knew I couldn't struggle for long.

The room was spinning.

"Stop it!" I screamed. "Stop spinning, please". I said as my head ached.

I wanted the pain to go away. I didn't want to feel this way.

Two strong arms wrapped around me. There was no body heat but I felt safe.

"Cole, t-take it a-away. It hurts so much". I said.

"You have no idea how much I wish that it was possible but it's not". He said, his voice still sounded distant and it was getting more and more distant.

He muttered soothing words, running his hands through my hair.

"Just hold on a little longer". He said.

His voice was the only thing keeping me awake.

He continued muttering words to sooth me.

I felt another tear run down my cheeks.

My body was shaking vigorously. I found it really hard to breath, everything seemed to slow down.

I heard a light knock on the door.

The sound of the knock made my head ache so much.

The two arms wrapped around me left me, the gut feeling in me returned.

I really couldn't hold on anymore.

I struggled to stay awake but it got more difficult. Black dots filled my vision till it was pitch black.

I heard Cole's faint voice before I finally zoned out.

***
A/N: Hey beautiful people!

I'm sorry for the short chapter.

It's kinda devastating for Britt right?

I didn't have time to proofread so I'm sorry for all the mistakes.

**

Shoutout to:

user44047095

And

landr329

Thanks for your amazing contribution, Thanks so much for following me and I also appreciate the votes. Remember that your the best!

**
Till next chapter.

Love y'all😘❤😘