Chapter 42

Cole's POV

Dad and I always had this kind of tension between us since mom's death. He messed up again just when I decided to forget the past and move on. He admitted the fact that he freaking killed mom! Just because she was pureblood?! I felt like killing him too! I just didn't want to leave a scar in Britt's mind. I don't think she's ever seen a human being killed... Not to talk of a vampire. Killing a vampire was always brutal.

What I also didn't expect was that Rhea was also pureblooded. I honestly would have prefered her being a normal vampire. Her being pureblood meant I had two people to protect. Living here was no child's play. Many dangers were attached.

Someone knocked on my door. I was in the office, by the way.

"Come in". I said.

I rubbed my eyes tiredly. I hadn't slept for days.

Malcolm came in.

"Heyy". He said. " Boy! Do you look horrible!"He exclaimed.

I scoffed.

"Why're you here?" I asked.

"Oh, you're grumpy too. Anyways, a case has been filed against you".

Well, I expected that.

"But the Woods have already filed up a complaint against me. What's the point in filing up another case?"

"It wasn't the Woods who filed up the case, it was your dad". He said.

I didn't expect that.

"What did he say the problem was?" I asked.

He cleared his throat. That got me more curious.

"Erm, he-". He said.

"Just say it!" I said, frustrated.

"He said you're um- having an affair with your pet".

"What?!?" I yelled.

How did he even know that?!

"Who told him?" I asked after taking a deep breath.

"That's what I've been trying to investigate. I think your dad is up to something. But he's done a great job keeping it secret".

"Brittany might be in danger". I said, bothered.

"I'll ask a guard to watch over her while you're gone".  He said.

"And where am I going?"

"Lord Dexter requested to see you".

"Now?"

"As soon as you get the message, so yeah, now".

"I changed my room code... So no one's able get in. But she'll be able to open it from inside in case a slave has to deliver her food. She should be safe". I said.

"I'll meet you outside". He said and left.

I changed my T-shirt and joined Malcolm outside.

~

Lord Dexter's house was bustling as usual. Slaves busy with different chores... Half of the guards were chattering about... I guess they were the ones on duty. Some of the pets were taking care of a couple of really loud kids... So many activities going on.

Lord Dexter's assistant stood at the doorway, waiting to usher me in.

"This way please". She said.

As an assitant, she had too little clothes on.

She was wearing a skin tight dress that accentuated her breasts and hips that have been surgically worked on. She added too much amount of lipstick on her pumped lips. Her fake blonde hair dangled down her waist. She wasn't there to assist, she was there to seduce.

She opened the door to Lord Dexter's office and left.

"Take your seat please". Lord Dexter said.

"After you". I said and took my seat after he sat down.

"You're probably wondering why I called you here". He said and cleared his throat. "Let's get straight to the point. Two heavy charges have been placed against you. How do you plan on dealing with it?"

"To begin with, it's none of your business and why are you so interested in my business?"

"Well, you know I'm in charge of both cases... I need to carry out some investigation before the first trial".

"What? Who put you in charge of it?"

"The head judge... Who else?"

I breathed slowly to calm myself down.

"Why exactly did you call me here?" I asked.

"Aren't you curious about how we got to know about your affair with your pet?"

"I'm not having an affair with my pet". I said through gritted teeth.

"Oh, really? Then why do you care about her so much? The last time I checked, you killed all your previous pets. But you've protected her so well".

"Just do your job and stop prying into stuff that you should totally put your nose out of".

"This is part of my job. Tell me, why haven't you killed her?"

"I never killed anyone in the first place".

"What about the other two previous pets?"

"I didn't kill them. You just placed a false allegation against me so quit saying that I killed them!" I yelled.

Again, I breathed deeply to calm myself down.

"Let's not venture into that. If you have nothing else to say then I'm done here". I said and stood up.

"See you at court, Prince Cole". He said before I stepped out.

~

"What did he say?" Malcolm asked me when I got to the car".

"Stuff about my relationship with Britt. He is acting very suspicious. Could you do some private investigation and give me some feedback?"

"Uh, sure". He said.

"Be really careful".

He rolled his eyes at me.

"I'm not Britt". He teased.

"I think we'll soon run out of gas,". I said, changing the subject.

~
I was terribly tired by the time we got home but something seemed wrong.

When I got to my office, the guard that was supposed to guard Britt and a female slave was standing by the door.

"What are you two doing here?" I asked tiredly.

"Um, we have something to report, your majesty". The guard said.

"Come in". I offered.

We all walked into my office.

They had a not-so pleasant look on their faces.

"Sit down". I offered.

"Uh, thank you sir but we'd rather stand". The guard said.

"So what do you have to report?" I asked.

They looked at each other, one waiting for the other to speak.

"You've been doing all the talking so speak". I said to the guard.

"Um- B-" The guard stuttered.

"I'm respecting you by not prying into your minds. Do yourself a favor by speaking clearly". I said in a stern tone.

"Miss Brittany is missing". He said.

***
A/N: Hey beautiful people!

I'm terribly sorry for the super late update. My phone kept freezing:(

Sooooo- do y'all think the tension is getting thicker?

SPOILER ⚠️⚠️⚠️

Secrets will unfold

~
Till next update guys!

Don't forget to vote, comment and fan.

Love y'all😗❤😗