Chapter 18- Now I couldn't escape

Hey guys!

This chapter's really short😅

I apologize for that.

You may proceed...

***
I picked on my nails nervously as I stared at myself in the mirror while Cole was also getting ready.

I was staring at myself in the mirror. I couldn't stop thinking about what Cole told me. How dangerous was his father?

I had to be ready for the worst.

"You ready?" Cole asked.

I nodded slowly.

He attached the leash to my collar and led me out of the room.

*

I had not been out of the house for weeks.

It felt so good to feel natural air.

I almost felt like I was free again... But reality was, I wasn't.

We got into a black limo.

Before my dad sold me, I didn't really fancy limos. I always thought limos occupied too much space all.

All that changed when I entered the black limo. The interior was white. The seats were covered with expensive white leather. Everything looked exquisite.

The last time I'd been in a limo wasn't so pleasant so I didn't pay attention to the details.

Soon, the journey to Cole's dad's home begun.

I fell asleep after a few hours.

***

Someone tugged on my leash gently. I groaned as I rubbed my eyes.

I looked up at the person tugging on my leash. Of course, Cole.

He looked pissed off. He must have tried waking me up several times.

I stepped out of the limo and adjusted my short dress.

Before me stood a magnificent house. It was bigger than Cole's house and it had a castle like structure.

Cole cleared his throat. I realized that my mouth was open. I quickly closed my mouth.

'Remember everything I taught you'

Cole's voice rang in my head, making me jump a little.

I'd never get used to that.

I nodded.

We started walking towards the entrance of the castle-like house. I was dreading the fact that I was actually going to see the pureblood vampire king.

Cole tugged on my leash harshly.

I realized that my pace was slow so I increased my pace.

We got into the house or castle.

Whatever it was called.

And then a big door that led to a large room opened.

My jaw dropped once more but I quickly closed my mouth back

"You're here ". A female voice cooed.

I heard Cole snort.

A pretty young woman appeared beside Cole and wrapped her arms around his arms

"I really missed you". She said, cooing into the already pissed off Cole's ear.

"Nicholas". A cold voice said, sending a chill down my spine.

Cole froze for a second.

So his full name is Nicholas.

A man with golden eyes appeared.

His eyes were so beautiful, yet scary.

He screamed so much venom and authority, this scared me a lot.

He must be Cole's father.

Cole's eyes were stone cold.

He stiffly bowed.

His dad smirked then his eyes shifted to me.

"You never told me you had a new pet, son. I had to find out myself". He said.

"We're here now so what do you want?" Cole asked, rather rudely.

"I called you here to talk about your coming of age ceremony and I also want you to meet someone, I'm sure you'd be glad to meet".

What in the world is a coming of age ceremony?!?!?!?

"We've done that already".

"But we didn't speak about your pet's involvement".

"I don't want to involve her". Cole said sternly.

"We both know that you have to. That's why you got a pet in the first place,right?"

"I bought her because I needed a companion and not for a stupid coming of age ceremony!"

This coming of age ceremony sounds pretty serious, considering the fact that I should be involved and Cole didn't seem really pleased with it.

"Watch your tongue son. You could always get another one. Or is there another reason why you're so keen on keeping her?" He asked suspiciously.

"You don't expect me to drain a pet which cost a whole fortune do you?"

"So it's a special pet, huh?"

"I don't know what you're trying to get at but trust me, you won't get answers by playing these stupid mind games. I don't need to explain myself to you".

Cole said, trying to contain his anger. He walked away tugging on my leash harshly.

Whatever this was about, I knew it wasn't going to be good. Since it involved getting my blood drained and it seemed to aggravate Cole.

I'd gotten myself into a big mess. Maybe I should have escaped when I had the chance to. Now I couldn't escape. I had to face it.

*
A/N: Hey beautiful people😊

I'm sorry for the short chapter and the late update as well.

School's been taking my time.

Subconscious: Yeah yeah, that's always your excuse.

Me: (ignores subconscious) Thanks for understanding.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share.

Love y'all💕💕💖💖😘