Chapter 25- Transformation.

Brittany's POV

I groaned loudly as I tried to adjust to the brightness of a really familiar room.

After I finally adjusted to the light, I tried to sit up and I wish I didn't.

Pain seeped through my whole body.

Apart from the fact that my mind was hazy, I felt extremely weak and my neck felt really sore.

I rubbed my neck, hoping that it would make the soreness go away or something-

How stupid of me? I only succeeded in increasing pain.

I looked around, hoping to see Cole but I was greeted with the mild warmness and emptiness of the room with me being the only living creature in it alongside the items that made it a room.

After three attempts, my final move to sit up succeeded.

Just as I reached out for the glass of water on the table beside the bed, the door opened.

My hand stopped midway as I stared in awe at the jaw dropping man that was standing right before me.

His hair was a bright golden color and he had striking golden eyes to match his hair color. It looked soooo cool. His face was well chiseled and I could see his well defined muscles through his tight fitting shirt.

I swear I saw him roll his eyes and he did it so perfectly.

It took ten seconds before I could form a sentence.

"W-who are y-you?" I stuttered.

"Isn't it obvious?" He said.

Even his voice sounded so sexy. He seemed so perfect.

But it also sounded oddly familiar. I couldn't really place where I heard that voice from.

"Seriously?!? You don't recognize me, Britt?" He said. The surprise in his voice was undeniable.

Wait a minute, is he Cole?!? No way!

I acted dumb. Just in case he wasn't Cole.

"Umm, I really don't know who you are, I haven't met you before". I said innocently.

It was feigned innocence actually.

"Drop the pretence Britt. You know it's me already so what's the use of your feigned innocence?" He said like he actually read my thoughts.

No way! Cole couldn't be this hot. Or maybe he could.

"Thanks for the compliment and yes, I'm really Cole". He said.

"What happened to you?" I said in awe.

'Isn't it obvious? You never cease to be stupid'

For a minute, I thought this stupid voice was gone for good but I guess it was just taking a rest in my mind.

'You wouldn't get rid of me that easily, trust me'. It said.

I groaned at it and returned my attention to the man that claimed to be Cole.

Why is he claiming to be Cole?

"That's because I am Cole". He said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"It's hard to believe and why are you acting like you can read my mind?" I asked suspiciously.

I know it's a stupid question but it deserves an answer, doesn't it?

Maybe I said my thoughts aloud.

"That's because I can read your mind". He pointed out.

"No way!". I said.