Chapter 34

A/N: All chapters are in Brittany's POV except stated otherwise.

(I forgot to add this to the first author's note ~But I've added it now :)

~Brittany's POV

***

OMIGOSH!!!!

D-did my master just confess to me?!?

He just told me that he freaking loved me! But here I am, tongue tied but really giddy with happiness.

But what the hell was I supposed to say?!?

"You know, you don't have to say anything yet. I just had to let it out". He said softly.

I looked up at him and nodded.

Then it struck me.

Yeah, my feeling for him was mutual but we both had to swallow the feelings. If I heard correctly, he was supposed to get married to Larissa. Yeah, I know he still insists he doesn't want to but what if he doesn't have a say in it at all?

A loud sigh escaped his lips.

"You're worried about the wedding". He said.

It was more of a statement than a question.

I nodded.

"Why?" He asked.

"You don't want to get married to her and she's obviously suspecting y-" I began but he cut me off.

"She isn't suspecting, she knows it. She knows that I love someone else but she's not sure if it's you. She only guessed". He said.

"But didn't you think something was off when she apologized to me? She doesn't look like one to apologize to people-" I said but he cut me off again.

"People change, right? Maybe she had a rethink and then discovered her fault in the whole thing. She might have-"

This time, it was his phone that cut him off.

He groaned when he checked the caller ID. His expression suddenly changed as he picked up the phone.

"Excuse me". He muttered, walking towards the door.

He left without another word.

***
Cole's POV

"People change, right? Maybe she had a rethink and then discovered her fault in the whole thing. She might have-"

The buzzing of my phone cuts me off.

I checked the caller ID. It was Malcolm calling. I thought I made it clear when I said I didn't want to be disturbed.

I hesitantly picked it up and muttered 'excuse me' before leaving the room.

"What?" I snapped once I was out of the room.

"Umm, Cole, I know you said you don't wanna be disturbed but the Woods-"

Just hearing their name made my blood boil.

"What do they want?" I hissed.

"A meeting". He replied.

"Do you care to elaborate more?"

"Um- they're here with Larissa... She's crying her eyes out". He whispered. "She says you rejected her".

"So?"

"They demand your presence as soon as possible". He said.

"Tell them to postpone the meeting. I'm busy right now". I said.