Chapter 47

Brittany's POV

The door flung opened as one of the men dressed in black shoved a lady inside before locking the door, leaving me with the unfamiliar lady

A fragile looking woman who was at least 5feet stared at me with bright blue eyes. She looked frightened. Her eyes held so much light in them, so much innocence, but she seemed broken.

Those bastards!

Despite how broken she looked, innocence still radiated off her.

"Hey". I greeted her but she didn't reply, instead she coiled away.

Dexter had finally untied me from the chair but I was put in a room that was tightly secured.

She tucked stray strand of auburn hair behind her ear.

"Brittany!" Dexter's voice boomed from the stupid speaker that he had installed in the room alongside a camera.

"Meet Samantha. She's going to be taking care of you till your master finally decides to show up".

I scoffed.

"She looks so weak. Do you really think she can put up with me?" I asked.

I didn't want her to get involved in all this mess. I wasn't just gonna sit down and wait for Cole to come save me. Her being in charge of me was just gonna slow me down.

Yes, I was going to escape. Dexter was going to punish her if I escaped.

I think that was exactly why he chose her to watch over me. He knew I wasn't going to let her get punished.

"I bet she can". He said. A beep followed, signalling that the speaker had been disconnected.

I had to come up with another plan. Fast.

Somehow, I had to get Samantha to talk to me. Only then will I know if she's one of Dexter's devoted employees or she was just compelled to serve him.

"So huh, Samantha. You really have no reason to be scared of me, okay? Just talk to me like you would talk to your friends".

"Never had friends". She stated.

"Oh. Well, I can be your friend if you want".

"That would not be necessary". She said.

Well, she didn't seem like the interactive type of person, let's try this another way.

"Since you don't wanna be friends, how about you entertain me?".

"How?" She asked.

"You know, back home, I used to watch tons of yoga videos but I actually never did yoga. How about we practice some yoga?" I suggested.

"What is yoga?" She asked. Confusion was written all over her face.

I mentally face palmed. Who the hell doesn't know the word yoga?

"Never mind. I need to change my clothes. Can you please get me a tank top and a pair of jeans? With a denim jacket". I requested.

"Okay. Stay here, please". She said.

"It's not like I'm gonna run away or anything. Just get me the clothes". I said, smiling.

Actually, I just needed to buy myself a little time so I could check out what I found in the tiny bathroom.

There was something beneath the old bathroom tiles.

Luckily, there wasn't a camera in the bathroom. I'll just hope it's a secret passageway or something.