CHAPTER 8- I don't think you are weak.

The dining room wasn't filled with so many vampires unlike the last time.

The female slaves were dressed in short red dresses with long socks and black shoes today. The male slaves were dressed in red button down shirts tucked in black pants and red bow ties.

I stood beside Cole with my head down. Cole told me not to look in any vampire's eyes because there was a special breed of vampires that had the gift of reading minds without being immortal.

Cole's food was different from the food they served others. I also noticed that Cole was treated with so much respect.

I noticed that Chloe wasn't in the room. I hoped that all was well with her because half of the vampires weren't present in the room.

After breakfast, we went back to Cole's room.

Cole busied himself with some documents while I just sat by the window, taking in the amazing view of the so called 'Vampire World'

I didn't know what they called it so I just called it 'vampire world'.

There was a knock on the door. Cole turned to look at me and told me to sit on the wooden chair that was a few steps away from the sofa, closer to the in built bench.

He opened the door and a tall man with an aura that screamed evil came in, his eyes were burning with rage but he bowed his head in respect before speaking.

"Morning prince". The man said, his voice was deep and dark.

"Morning. What can I do for you?"

"I came here to confirm an incident that happened with my pet some days ago"

Cole nodded and then motioned towards the sofa.

"Please sit". Cole said.

The man sat and stared at me before looking at Cole.

"So what's your pet's name?" Cole asked.

"Chloe Stanfield". He said.

Cole visibly tensed.

"For some days now, Chloe has being acting really strange and she passed out when I drank from her yesterday". The man said.

I held my breath.

"I perceived your scent on her some days ago but she refused to tell me what really happened so I came to confirm myself". The man continued.

"And what do you want to confirm?" Cole asked between gritted teeth.

"Did you by chance d-drink from her?" The man asked, stuttering a little.

Cole eyes darkened.

"Yes I did". He answered, his voice had changed drastically.

"You see, I don't like it when other vampires drink from my pet and I'm sure you wouldn't like it if the same thing was done to your pet so-" The man said but Cole cut him off.

"SHUT UP!" Cole yelled darkly.

Why would this have so much effect on him?

"Other vampires?" Cole asked, chuckling darkly.

"Were you ever taught manners?" He asked again.

"Look, you're pureblood doesn't mean you can intimidate me. You drank from my pet knowing it isn't right and-"

Idiot, why did you say that?

In one swift move, he had the man pinned to the wall, his hands encircling the man's neck.

I gasped.

"You had the audacity to come into my room to ramble about me drinking from your pet without fear? You even have the guts to question me. Yes, I'm a pureblood and I can do whatever I want to. Apart from that fact, I rule this whole freaking house and an entire kingdom, I'm also the next to the rule the whole freaking east region. You should have thought twice before coming here to question my actions". He spat as he continued choking the life out of the man.