Chapter 30, Mercy Part 3

When last we left Cheyenne, Albert and everyone else, the giant farewell party/school reunion within the Divinity Youth Center had erupted into a massive church Brawl. Angela and her Conquerors had fallen hard, to the point where the group that has entered the building was 240 people strong, ended up being down scaled to 134, after several of them decided to run away.
But even after the fight ended, Angela was refusing to give up, and now she has pressured Brock to threaten Albert and his friends at gunpoint.

Albert's POV:
Brock tries to stand up but I stomp down on his wrist and try to kick him after a spin. However Brock catches my leg and after throwing me off balance, lifts up his other arm and smashes his elbow against the back of my knee and throws me behind him.

After that little struggle, Brock shoves me back against the drum shield and turns around pointing it at me. "Stop right there!" My eyes widen and Brock stares me dead in the eye. "No. More. Games!"

I stand there, actually starting to shake. I didn't expect to get out into a corner like this. "Crap, crap, crap…!"

"Albert!!" Phoebe yelled.

"No. Be quiet guys!" I tried to speak out.

"But Johnson-?!" Mark added.

"SHUT UP!!" I screamed out. "I KNOW HOW THIS LOOKS BUT YELLING AND RUSHING UP TO GRAB ME IS NOT GONNA HELP!!!"

"Fair enough, but this is crazy!" Wes said.

"Please, we just-" Vinnie trailed.

"I'VE GOT THIS!!" I then pant as I turn back to face Brock. "I've got this…"

"Is that so?" Brock asked. I stand firm and softly nod my head, to which he laughs crazily.

"Stop laughing!" Colton shouted, until Mark holds him back and Ginny sneaks over,aging her hands on his shoulders in comfort.

"You think your sweet little mouth is gonna save you this time? You're wrong! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO PUSHED IT THIS FAR!!!"

I hold my hands out. "I know. I know.... But it wasn't supposed to escalate to THIS. And I never encouraged anyone to bring weapons!"

"Guess you should've asked your God about that," Brock mocked. "You hear me? Where's your Almighty, protecting God NOW?!!!"

I look into Brock's eyes, and……an idea comes to my head. "Are you asking me that question? Or is it something you're actually curious about?"

"What?"

"Shut it, Johnson! You know he has no interest in any of your fairytale Bible crap," Angela said. "He's NOTHING like any of.the dumbass idiots in this room right now."

JT and Tyler turn around. "WHAT?!!"
"You wanna come up HERE and say that?"

"GUYS!!" I spoke out. Then I look at Angela. "You really believe that about him, huh?"

Angela puts on a proud smug look. "It's the goddamn truth. The only one you'll hear about tonight."

I look back to Brock, and take a deep breath, knowing this is risky, but it's better than nothing. "Maybe she's right about you. Maybe you're not interested in God. Or Heaven. But do you want to know who was?"

Angela shoots an eye while everyone stares at me confused. "You're joking, right?"

"No offense, dude, but now REALLY isn't the time for 0ne of your sermons!" Vinnie said.

"It's not a sermon. You wanna know who WAS interested in those things, Angela?" Both she and Brock then look at me with squinted furrowed brows and skeptical eyes. Then he looks back to Brock. "He isn't with us anymore. But his name....was Benjamin Willford Enis."