Chapter 16

Well, now things are about to get interesting.
But fair warning, some of the content might be sensitive to some readers.

Two months later
Albert's POV:
It is Thursday, March 11th, and we are approaching Spring break. It wont be long now before we reach the end of this first year. So far, things have been going quite well for me here. My classes are going well, my work with the campus worship team has been MORE than well received, my roommates are a lot of fun to live in, my professor are great (although one of them, Mario, is rather passionate about teaching various warnings and satanic topics. Come to think of it, I remember hearing his voice before, on a YouTube channel called, Vigilant Christian, I think), Cheyenne and I are only growing more in our friendship now that's she's closer, and I'm back with Liana, the latter of whom I had my most successful relationship with.

Add onto that, I've been participating in as many fellowship clubs and Bible studies on the campus as I can. Since, I've read the entire Bible at least 3 times all the way, but there are some stuff that I don't completely understand. If I'm gonna pastor anybody, I need to be theologically and spiritually informed in more of the Gospels and the Torah. At the moment, in regards to leadership, the main thing I've been learning and studying is the topic of authority and responsibility. Which.....is very interesting. There's a good number of things that I know Curtis hasn't implemented into his own ministry, but given how his youth group originally started, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that he doesn't have them.

After a long day in my classes, I'm laying down in my dorm bed. Exhausted, finished with some studies, and now I'm reading a book with my face hidden behind it......hiding the brand new bandage that's over my nose.

Unfortunately, that is the BIGGEST downside of being here: the fact that Sean attends the same campus as Cheyenne and Liana, which ALREADY makes me worried enough!
For the most part, he hasn't bothered me too much, which is probably supported by the fact that he hardly ever visits THIS campus, but today he DID decide to give me a 'friendly reminder' that he still thinks about me.

Although, something else about Sean is now starting to bother me. Because before I made it to my dorm, when I had run into Sean on the way, he had said something.......interesting. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it, and whether or not it was genuine, I honestly have NO idea.

Earlier that afternoon
I'm stepping out of Professor Mario Brisson's classroom and walking back to my dorm. I made sure to write down a good number of notes for tomorrow, and I've gotta hurry back and read them. Then I hear a voice from behind me.

"Hey look at that. I almost didn't recognize you without your paper-covered nose," Sean spoke out.

I cringe and stop in my tracks, wincing. Then I slowly turn around to see him in his jersey with that mischievous grin on his face. "Uhh, hey Sean, what's up? Is your gymnasium not letting you work out for the week, or are your teams having a break from your ego?"

"Very cute, Albert."

"Well, this isn't your campus. So why are you here?" I asked.

"Hey, there's no college rule that says I CAN'T be here. And right now I'm-"

I immediately interrupt him. "Look. Seriously Sean, I don't have the time for your crap right now. I've got an exam to study for tomorrow and I've got some company coming over later, so just do me a favor and take your business somewhere else." I grab onto my backpack and begin to walk away.

Sean groans out. "Dude, get back here." I slowly, reluctantly turn back around. "Yeah man I get it. You and I don't have the best track record together. But listen, man, I have something I wanna tell you about."