Chapter 5

Authors note: So to throw you guys for a curve, we're gonna leave Cheyenne and her family alone for a moment.

For now, there is another important character connected to Cheyenne's testimony who, he's been mentioned briefly at the beginning, but we haven't gotten to him yet. So we're gonna find out what else was going on during the events of the previous chapter through HIS POV.

(I'm just imagining the narrator voice from The Walking Dead saying "Previously on Beauty From Ashes")
"I promise you, my flame will never go out," Cheyenne whispered before shutting her lamp off. The look she has in her eyes, is filled with determination.

Meanwhile, as the lamp is turned off in Cheyenne's room, elsewhere in the world, another light is ignited through a GIGANTIC campfire in the middle of an open field in the woods.

"WE DID IT!!"
"WOO!!!"

Surrounding the fire is a very large group of kids, teenagers and young adults.
They call themselves the Divinity Youth Nation- a church group that comes from Bakersfield, California. They're technically a youth group, except they're almost completely separate from the church they spawned out of. What started out as a small bible study club for middle schoolers after school, overtime had slowly transformed into an organized ministry and a local movement.

They've gathered a lot.of success and recognition from their city and even other parts of the state, because not only have they been extremely active throughout multiple regions of their community, organizing holiday dinners for police and fire departmwnts, outreaching to nursery homes, providing donations and buying supplies for elementary schools, etc, but they have also greatly impacted the community by creating a safe and comfortable environment for the youth of all ages- having a MASSIVE congregation with members who range with middle-school all the way to college students. Some of the oldest members of this group were involved when the group began in middle school, and now original students, they serve the group and even help lead the ministry, next to the man who started it all:
Curtis Taylor- once a highly regarded, well reputed school faculty member, now a highly charismatic, passionate youth pastor.

The kids are all cheering as the fire is ignkted. Curits Taylor pats his hands on the back of two young adults, who then stand up and set down their acoustic guitars before they both whistle out to catch their attention. "Hey?!!"

Everyome looks to Curtis as he steps out in the center, and chuckles as he smiles at everyone. "Genesis 1:3, states that God has said, let there be light!"

"And THERE WAS LIGHT!! Woo-hoo!!" Everyone continued.

"Haha, yes. In a world that started out as formless and void, nothing to provide energy nor life. But that all changed, with a voice of power, declaring put for creation to exist. His words roared out like thunder, and the svole world was formed. MAN we serve an awesome God!"

The kids all shout out loud.
"Yes we do!"
"Thank you father!"
"Bless you Jesus! We love you Lord!"

"Yes we do. Oh yes, everyone shut and bow." They all lower their jeads. "Father God, we come before You, standing in your mighty presence. We thank You for giving us this time together and we thank You for watching over us this week, as we live, laugh, love and have our being, and as we lean in closer to hear Your voice and instruction. And Father, as we begin to wrap up, we just ask that You keep us safe, and that these men and women would take what they've heard, and would use them to reveal whatever You desire to reveal to us. We love You Lord and we praise You tonight, and may You continue to bless these kids as some of them return for their schools and campuses next week. You are for us and You are with us. And in Jesus name, we pray?"