Chapter 27: Conflict Part 2, Mental

MENTAL

Now, before we continue with Albert's story with the Conquerors, let's show what Cheyenne is doing at this moment..

On the inside of the house, Cheyenne has gotten the entire bathroom covered in steam from her hot shower. She was self aware that she hadn't been taking care of herself or cleaning herself for nearly a full week, but she definitely wasn't prepared for how dirty or smelly she had actually gotten, so much like Albert suggested, shes taking her time to fully wash herself.

As she washes herself, Cheyenne has nearly a dozen things on her mind. Thinking about.....how relieving it felt to finally share everything last night. How at peace she felt to actually, share her encounter with Christ after Hell. The joy she's been feeling from their acceptance. Even the simple reality of knowing she was able to stop another person from taking her life and trading her life on earth for one in Hell. All of this stuff and so much more. She can't help but smile and laugh softly, as she thinks about how she could almost be washing away the 3 years of pain and fear and guilt in these waters, down the drain.

Then, Cheyenne starts to laughs to herself about how she hasn't thought of such sillu things before. Maybe the guys and their humourous ways are rubbing off on her. Then she briefly thinks about how goofy and playful the guys were acting towards her when they ran through the rain last night. Teasing her by pushing her around and spinning her around. In her mind, she thinks back to a time where Elijah and Trenton surprised Cheyenne with a sprinkler, and how Kevin just.........just........

Cheyenne recalls this and she quickly begins to shed tears......as she also remembers her last memories with Kevin once again.

"You might be angry at me now but I just want you to-"

"Angry?!! You're ruining this great opportunity for me!" I yelled. "Those people gave me a career! Something that I'm actually good at now and something I profit from, and all of you are just taking it away!"

"I KNOW that it feels that way-"

"Do you NOT want me to be happy, little brother?!! Do you not want me to be successful, do you not want me to have a job or become famous?!!"

The expression on his face is so conflicted and perplexed. Almost like he's blown away that I'm even taling about THAT side of things. He speaks out, with his voice breaking, it's simply the least masculine I've ever heard him speak. "I- I WANT you to have a life that you're happy with! You can have all of that if you really want it but just not like that. NOT with them!! After EVERYTHING those people have been doing-!"

"If I had just been an only child I wouldn't have to deal with this right now!!! So I suppose I do have sex to blame for at least ONE thing in my life." Kevin stands there shuddering, looking upset. "What's wrong with you? If you can't handle my words, then get the fuck out of my room. And stay out of here after I'm gone!" I say before turning back around.

He grows heartbroken by what he's hearing, and his eyes water up. "Cheyenne......What happened to you....? What happened to-?"

"Get out."

"Cheyenne wait-!"

"Just get the fuck out!!!" I yelled before throwing a glass cup in his direction. "Go! Now, before I do something I might actually regret. If it's even POSSIBLE for me to regret hurting you. It's hard to feel bad for someone, feel sorry for hurting someone, when they've ruined your entire life. And guess what? Life is unfair, and MINE is unfair all because of you. And now, I've never hated anyone more....."

Upon rememebering these words, Cheyenne lays down in the shower and allows herself to shed her tears. "Oh Kevin.... Why did I ever let myself get so cruel towards you...?"