Chapter 9

Author's Note: Characters featured in the art above, Vinnie and nurse Jillian.
Then above their pictures are Albert's lion tattoo that was mentioned in chapter 5, and his signature electric guitar (the guitar photo comes from a music video titled Hallelujah To The Lord by Planetshakers)

Cheyenne's POV:
It's been 40 days ever since I woke up in the hospital, after experiencing literal Hell. Now FINALLY, it's time for my release from this place. Surprisingly, it didn't take THAT long for my bones and body to recover. Especially my legs, Jillian said that it should've taken two extra months to heal due to how badly crushed they were.

But what I've never been able to tell her, (and this came as a HUGE surprise to me because even I knew that this was NOT the amount of pain that I should've been feeling) is something that God later explained to me in a dream: that after He put my soul back into my body, He actually healed most my injuries. He healed my body to where I would be able to move my arms and my head, and pull myself to sit up. He took almost ALL of the pain that I had felt after the crash, but he left me with half of the pain in my legs so I could stay and recover. He said that he wanted me to keep SOME of the pain so that I could meditate on how this feels compared to what I had just experienced. This isn't the first time I've broken my legs, but honestly, after everything in Hell, this is nothing. So physically, I have had to stay in the hospital while my legs recovered, so altogether my body didn't take very long to recover, not even half as long as most of the predictions I had heard from various people, including the head doctors.
Although mentally....it took me quite a while to recover from my visit to Hell.

For my first morning here, and probably every morning for the first six days, whenever I woke up after having returned to my body, it was SO horrible. Because I would wake up an hour before the sun rises, and all of my memories I had of Hell would suddenly flood back into my mind. Is it understandable for me to feel fear from those memories? Absolutely. But in this case, I found myself crying and screaming out with unbelievable fear, and my heart was racing so hard! The fear that I experienced in Hell was unlike anything I could've possibly imagined, but this is probably why you go there when you die.

Because remembering the fear I experienced in Hell, remembering the beatings they gave me, it was TOO overwhelming for my body, that I literally felt like I was dying from a heart attack. THAT'S how much even thinking about Hell scares the shit out of me. The torture and the pain were unbearable, but reminiscing it was just as traumatizing. The doctors would rush into my room asking what was wrong, but I was too traumatized to even speak, and they had to do these tests to help stabilize my breathing and heart rate. The only time I even gave a mention of Hell was through a quick mumble I had uttered out when they performed one of the tests. I actually remember it rather perfectly.

It was early in the morning, and I was just waking up. The faces of the Devil and those demons looking down on me were flashing through my head, and it felt like they were taking hold of me all over again. I could literally feel THEIR grips, with their giant strong hands, with skins of all kinds. Jillian's assistants had rushed into the room, followed by a couple other doctors who would read my stats and hold me down.

Jefferson, the male nurse, had held onto my wrist. "Cheyenne?! C'mon not again! Please just relax! Relax, you're gonna be okay!"

I opened my eyes and I looked at him so fearful for my own life. "No! Don't let me die!"

"What? No no, you're not gonna die," the other nurse, Megan said.

"Yes, I'm about to die!"

"Cheyenne, that's not gonna happen." She turns away for a moment. "Jefferson we need-" I grabbed hold of the nurse's wrist.