Chapter 29: Unity Part 3

Future Cheyennes POV:
So for a little while I've been sharing some of the aftermath of me finally sharing my testimony to everyone. And how we were all just going out and growing closer and hanging out doing all kinds of stuff before the last night we had with all of them..

Tamara and Sidney are smiling and chuckling. "Well Ms. Mitchell. It certainly sounds like you had quite a positive experience after being truthful to your friends."

I smile bashfully. "Yeah. And, I even said it to them. It wasn't a mystery that they accepted me overall, but I could hardly believe how QUICKLY they all did so."

"Mmmmm. Grace and mercy does feel like that," Tamara said. "And, have you seen or spoken to those people since coming here?"

"Uh....unfortunately no. For whatever reason we haven't heard from them since. My guess is that, maybe they've been too busy. Although, Albert has recently gone back to Bakersfield for a little conference. And things sound like they've been just as crazy, if not crazier than when we were last there."

"So, I'm assuming the last night of your time in Bakersfield, after that was you first day up here in New York?"

I nod my head. "Yes. Yes it was."

"What was that last night like? And after that, hopefully we can finally start talking about your time here like we were supposed to be doing!" Sidney said with a chuckle.

Tamara giggles. "Are you sure? I feel like I could talk to this sweetheart all day."

This leaves me laughing loud in response, all blushing. "Well thank you, you really are too kind. Uh... But yeah, the last night we spent back there in Bakersfield.....it was a bit of a wild night. First, Albert and Vinnie randomly decided to throw a sudden 8 year class reunion. So they got together with their friends from school and brought them into the church.

"And them after that, we all went into the Sanctuary, and, we were all having fun with music, and partying and dancing. And Albert was leading up on the stage, loving every single minute he was worshipping and celebrating with everyone. You could tell that, he was so happy that so many people came and, ot just made me happy thinking, how much support he had and how....like he said earlier, I was causing all of this joy and everything to happen. It was literally a full house, and everyone was having a great time."

We're all smiling together. And I start to wince. "But then...uhhh....one thing had led to another and.....for a while, that whole night had turned into....something else."

"Hmm? What do you mean?"

"I'll, keep it as brief as I can. But overall, this was a night that was very important to me, and importsnt with who I've become now. When it was over......I was blown away in every possible way...." I then grimace. "But it didnt start out with that same feeling. At.......At one point as it was nightfall, i......I found out about a couple things that happened.

"I'll explain in a moment, but when I first heard those things, I was..... terrified by what it could've meant. And, low and behold......as some people learned about.......worse things started to happen. Looking back.....this was one of the most.....remarkable and pivotal nights of my life but, while it was happening.......it was also one of the scariest nights of my life..... Definitely THE scariest time of my life here on Earth..."

Pause.
"How's that, Ms. Mitchell?"

I open my eyes. "Well it all went like this. You see- Oh wait. And before I forget, that last dsy in California? While it was a day where i said goodbye to a lot of friends. It was also a day where, I made a new friend as well," I said while smiling and blushing my hands through my pink hair.