Chapter 4

Cheyenne's POV:
The next morning, I wake up having slept in late, frustrated by the reality that my parents know everything now. I just lie in my bed, angry, not even wanting to go downstairs and see the judgment that I know is coming. So instead, once I'm fully awake, I immediately grab my phone and find a text from Angela.

"That sneaky fucking bastard! He REALLY fucking played us! What's going on over there?"

I respond. "This is bad. They know everything about Cece Phoenix, and our work now. I might as well be living in a jail cell now. We're ruined."

"No worries, beaoitch. Remember your meeting is still good to go for this weekend. All we have to do is makeup something and I can send you to an airport."

"Fat chance. Those two dirtbags are gonna be watching who I go out with like a hawk now. There's no way they'll let me out with you and the PC's anymore."

"We'll think of something. Like you said, we always do. Besides, it's already inevitable. Your flame WILL fucking burn."

"Damn right."

"Just give me an hour to think of some plans, and then I'll run them by you."

I hear my mom calling me down. "Cheyenne! Hurry up, your breakfast is already cold!"

"Ugh! I'll be right down!" I yell out. "Gotta go. The judge has called me into the jury."

"Damn. Give them hell for us."

I come downstairs and see my mom and dad sitting at the table looking up at me, while Kevin stands on the other side against the wall. I shrug it off. "Good morning mom, dad. Baby brother." Awkward silence. I roll my eyes. "There it is. You can't even look at me. But guess what, I'm NOT ashamed of what I've done. It makes me feel good, it's how I make my money. And I don't care how mad or disgusted any of you might be with these simple-"

"We're not mad sweetie," my dad calmly spoke out interrupting me.

I just stare at him. "You're.....not?"

"Are we disappointed? Yes. But you know us. We could never hate our own daughter."

"It's taking us some time to process, but, at least now we know why you've been acting strange as of recently. And we're happy that you were able to tell us the truth," mom added.

This is NOT what I was expecting. "Oh. Well, okay then."

"I'm sorry for yelling at you gumdrop. I just let my emotions get the better of me," she said. "It did for all of us."

I then sit down, and quickly eat the pancakes they made for me. As soon as I finish, I rise back up. "Hey, if you don't mind, I'm gonna step outside and get some air," I say grabbing a jacket off of the corner hanger.

"Um, before you take off Cheyenne? We, just wanna tell you something," dad said. I put my jacket on then come back to the room. "This will only take a minute."

"Me first?" I ask. He nods yes. "So, I know it's a lot to take in, this career of mine, the interview that's coming soon. If it goes well, I'll be moving out. But, if you wouldn't mind, I still have some things I'd like to do with you all before that happens. You're still my family.......you deserve that much."

"That won't be necessary. We've already taken care of everything." I hear this from my dad, and I am suddenly confused. "This isn't gonna be easy for us, but tomorrow, your mother and I will be here the entire day to help you pack your things."

"Pack? But, the PC's might be throwing me a farewell party tomorrow."

"We'll tell them that family matters came up," my mother said. Then she pulls out a pamphlet and passes it over to me. "Like he said, we're gonna spend the whole day together tomorrow. Because we want you to see how much we're gonna support you, and your path to healing before Saturday."