Chapter 15

So now Cheyenne and Albert are in college and their campuses are mere minutes away from each other. And OH BOY, these next few chapters are gonna be interesting.
The photo of characters above, on the side we have Elijah who is BACK with us and we're gonna catch up with what he and Kevin have been up to, we've got Liana at the top, who we met at the end of the previous chapter, and at the bottom is Sean, another new character who we will be meeting in this chapter, who I'm confident will be a fan-favorite throughout the ENTIRE story.

Cheyenne's POV:
It's Saturday, January 23nd of 2021, and I've been living in a college dorm for three days now! And my roommates actually returned LATE after going home for vacation so I didn't get a chance to meet them until yesterday. Two girls named Gennifer Bowman and Sara Durbin. They seem very quiet, not really as talkative as anyone else I've met since coming out of the crash. So I can at least take comfort knowing that I'll be bunking with people who are loud enough where I can study in the room.

The two of them also don't seem to be familiar with my identity as Cece Phoenix, but to be honest, it feels like they aren't familiar with me, period. And what I mean by that is, I've spent a day with them, and yet sometimes it feels like they aren't even aware that I'm in the same ROOM as them. Which is fine. What I've imagined while thinking about going to college is that getting to know roommates would most likely take a while.

What I'm gonna be studying is a Bachelor of Arts in Fashion, so the program will probably last for 4 years if I decide to pursue it all the way through. And certainly, I would normally be a lot more nervous about starting college now that I have a history as Cece Phoenix. But luckily, Curtis has some family members and connections who work here, and he's filled them in about my story. And more good news, most of them have agreed to accept me into their classes. I don't know if many people get to choose their professors, but I'm a lucky exception I suppose.

And now, since today is Saturday, that means that I'll be able to go see Albert leading his new team tonight. Aside from a few photo posts I've seen on Facebook where he's performing, I've never seen any of his other teammates or even the room. And so, I don't really know WHERE these guys lead at.

I know that Albert's campus is 12 minutes away from my own, but the last time we spoke to each other was about 2 weeks ago, he said something about how he had settled a deal to move their worship sessions to a nearby venue since they had, apparently grown more popular, and the original church next to the campus couldn't fit all of the people who had come to listen. So later that night, I just drive around and try to look around near the campus, which......his campus is RATHER SMALL. This is the place that cost all of that money? This is ridiculous.

As I do, I see a venue around the corner and it has a, PACKED parking lot, almost like there's a concert here. But then I see cross stickers on some of the cars. Is this the actual place?
So I decide to park parallel to one of the sidewalks. Then I see two guys who are stepping out of a truck, preparing to walk inside the church. Maybe I should ask them first, see if I'm at the right spot.
So I step out and walk towards them.

"Excuse me?"

They both turn to me. One of them is Hispanic, with a thin mustache, and the other is a taller Caucasian, and both of them have very short-length hair.
"Good evening. How can we help you?"

"Uh yeah, I'm- I'm trying to find this one music group and I didn't get the update on its new location. Is there some kind of....a worship team playing here or something?" I asked.

"A worship team? Oh, yeah well-," the Hispanic said before trailing off as he begins to squint at me. His eyes widen with a surprised smile as he steps back. "Holy crap!"
Oh crap, no, please! I can't afford to be recognized alrea-
He turns to the other. "Ty, you know who this is?! THAT'S the girl Albert had on his laptop, the one whose call we walked in on before!"