Chapter 21

Here we are. This is a brand new era for this story. And in the last chapter, it took place in the last week of August in 2021, so it had been a year since Cheyenne's crash in chapter 4. Well now we're gonna take a BIG leap.
Leaping all the way fro. the year of 2021......to 2024.
But before we do that....

Future POV:
Tamara and Sidney are sitting in front of me, still interviewing me. It's been intimidating, but also fun to revisit a couple of these memories.

"So uh, how many more questions do you have for me?" I asked them.

"Umm, only a few," Sidney said.

"You've been doing a great job so far," Tamara said.

"Haha. Thank you. Just as long as they don't make me too nervous. I didn't really do my hair today, as you can probably tell so I wouldn't wanna sweat suddenly."

Sidney blows out some air. "So, how long have you been involved in this church's ministry?"

"Pretty much since the beginning. I was one of the only ones who Simon didn't....know who I was until I was brought up, someone close to him. And the rest is history from there."

"So, it'll be a full two years since you've started, as soon as we hit summer's end this year?"

"That sounds about right. And very blessed years at best."

"Love it, sweetie," Tamara said. "So, that's not a long time. But perhaps, that'll make it an easier time for you to answer this question, compared to if we were to ask you this question, 5 years from now."

"Hmmm......curious. And what would that question be?"

"Just.....what's been the most impactful moment or the most impactful part of the whole experience, for you personally? In your time serving this church?"
I hear this question.....and.......I have NO idea how to respond to it properly. At least ten seconds fly by in awkward silence. "D- Do I need to repeat the question?"

"No. No no no. I heard it. It's....just that....umm....?"

"What is it?" Sidney asked.

"It is a simple question. But.....my answer might not be anywhere near as simple. Could you- maybe more specific?"

Tamara and Sidney glance at each other.
"How specific are you asking of us, Albert?"

Yup, instead of opening it up with another part of Cheyenne's future interview, I'm showing a little piece from Albert's interview. The church that this takes place in, NYC Church of the Rock, will be a very prominent setting through most of this second portion, (and the REST of the remaining story as well) and we'll see the beginning for the Disciples who help run the church, which actually, Albert would've actually been one of the FIRST Disciples to be interviewed by Tamara and Sidney, where the trainee Cheyenne, is the LAST.
In 2026, Albert has grown out his facial hair significantly, where his beard is short but it covers all of the skin on his chin and ends on his neck, he has a thick moustache, he primarily wears contacts now (almost, he still has glasses), he's started to gain more muscle due to commitment to working out with a few other particular Disciples.

I (Albert) lean forward and gaze at them. "Just......in what regard are you asking that question?"

"Mr. Johnson. I don't think it has to have a precise purpose," Sidney asked. "Do you disagree?"

I just perk up my eyebrows and nod my head with interest while pursing my lips. "Well......I admit, it hasn't been THAT long since I've started my work here. And yet, there's already a hundred different answers I could give for that. You know, I could talk on and on about.....the way Simon's preaching just completely, fires my soul and how his words have impacted me. Or how his jokes were such a sense of relief in comparison to my own and how he took advantage of that. How, being able to work alongside all of the Disciples as a worship leader, has turned me into a better musician. Specifically.....members like Lucas and Matthew, who were icons to me before, and how that's impacted me spiritually. How, all of the teens I teach are....just top energy, highest passion, no matter what day I see them or how stressful the week is, due to starting school again, and....other stuff, and yet they're always excited, much like how I was at their age. How THAT'S impacted me in more ways than one." I grin and shake my head. "See what I'm getting at? I think you might wanna be more specific," I asked before chuckling.