Chapter 35

It's been about an hour since Hyunjin has disappeared. Chan was right behind him but when he got out of the hospital grounds and onto the streets there were too many people blocking Chans view. Even the vivid checkered white and blue gown was impossible to spot amongst everyone.

"Shit!" Jisung exclaims as he watches the security camera footage for the nth time.

Chan and Minho are still out scoping, hoping that someone will have noticed him but being how longs it's been now, that doesn't seem so possible. Chan taking the pavements asking almost every passerby whereas Minho drives along with eagle eyes.

"Why don't we trying going to places Hyunjin likes to go to? Especially when he wants to alone." Seungmin suggests sitting back in his chair. His arms folded as he bites at the tip of his thumb.

Felix nods aggressively, "Yes, yes let's do that." He is prepared to go to whatever lengths he needs to right now.

"Where does he go then?" Changbin speaks from beside the door. One foot of the wall as he leans back. He too has been watching the camera footage but it seems like Hyunjin just disappeared off the face of the Earth.

"He goes..." Seungmin looks down at the floor wide-eyed.

He has seen Hyunjin go out late at night and come back in the early hours of the morning but never asked where he went. The only thing he can think of is that sometimes Hyunjin would comeback with muddy shoes and an earthy smell whereas, on the rare occasion he would stench the dorm out with alcohol. Seungmin has no idea how Hyunjin even managed to get past Mrs Kang without her yelling or something.

Looking back up at the others Seungmin has nothing to say, "I'm sorry... I don't know. I've never asked him."

"Great." Changbin throws his hands in the air. "Just fucking great."

"Hey, it's not my fault." Seungmin starts to get irritated by Changbins behaviour.

Changbin steps forward from the wall, balling his fists by his side. "Yeah well, a suicidal guy is missing right now and he could be doing who knows what's. That's if he is still alive-"

"SHUT UP!" Felix's voice cracks as it echoes through the room, even the security guards jolt back in their seats.

Felix can feel his eyes gloss yet he's not even sure if he has any more tears left. He just wants everyone together and happy.

"I could try calling Minho?" Seungmin says trying to find his phone in his bag.

Changbin is about to say something but Jisung glares at him making him close his mouth almost immediately.

"Minho?" Seungmin says as Minho picks up the phone.

"Yeah what's up?" Seungmin puts Minho on loudspeaker so everyone can hear.

Felix steps closer to the phone, "Do you know where Hyunjin might go when he wants to be alone?" Everyone in the room waiting in anticipation for an answer.

"To be alone?" Minho repeats mumbling as he tries to think. "I'm sorry but no. I don't even have a clue as to where to start otherwise I would've gone there already."

Hyunjin seems to be more secretive than everyone thought. Someone they had known either since lower school or college but this school year everything is changing.

"Okay, we'll try going out an looking too," Felix replies starting to feel an unsettling feeling in his stomach.

Seungmin is about to hang up when Minho speaks, "I can see Chan ahead of me I'm going to go pick him up. Let's try looking a bit longer then we have to call the authorities." The beep of call ended rings through the room.

Changbin lets out a sigh with his head leaning back against the wall, "When we find Hyunjin can we put a GPS in him?"

"Hey, Chan!" Minho calls out as he winds down the passengers' window.

Chan who's walking with his head low doesn't hear Minho until he calls out again. This time Chans head shoots up and makes eye contact with Minho. Minho leans over to the passengers' door, popping it open for the other.

"No luck?" Minho says with a forced smile wanting to lighten to mood.

Chan lets out a low hum as he shacks his head. He has looked all around the area even asking strangers or shop owners who would give him a dirty stare and tell him the same answer, "No."

"Let's not let out hopes drop." Minho pulls into oncoming traffic and they continue their search.

It's starting to get dark now and the longer they can't find Hyunjin the more worried they all become. Felix, Seungmin, Changbin and Jisung eventually went to the police station and have filed a report, maybe they will be able to find something. Now they have gone back to the dorms and staying in Seungmins room to see if Hyunjin might come back. Also meeting Jeongin and explaining everything to him. The poor boy has been left out the most of all this.

Minho and Chan are still driving around wanting to stay out as late as they can until having to get back before curfew. The problem is that with only the streetlights for lights it's a lot harder than when the sun is up.

"I think we should go back now. The others have gone to the police so they are at least keeping a lookout while on patrol." Chan speaks up with his leaning against the window. He's seeing about 1 to 2 people every few hundred yards and no Hyunjin.

Minho lets outs a sigh thinking the same thing. "Yeah, we probably should." His voice low and monotone.

Minho parks his car and they are about to step out when Chan gets a call from an unknown number. The pair instantly sit back in, closing the doors behind them.

"Hello?" Chan answers with the phone held up against his ear.

Getting no reply he thinks someone miss dialled, Chan goes to hang up and that's when they speak, "...H-hello..." Their voice is weak and Chan can't recognise it but is racking his brain to remember who it is. Then they speak again, "Chan can we meet privately?" It registers immediately, Hyunjin.

Minho listens closely trying to figure who it is too. Chan doesn't have the call on speaker so the voice coming through sounds quiet and slightly muffled.

"Where?" Chan answers without thinking. Everyone has been trying so hard to find Hyunjin and now he calls, and Chan of all people.

"Willow tree." Are the last words Chan hears before the silence and then beeping.

"Who was it?" Minho asks. Almost unable to hold back his curiosity as to when Chan turns his head he nearly makes contact with Minho's lips.

Chan jumps his head back along with Minho who returns to fully sitting in the driver's seat. Mumbling a "Sorry."

"I need to meet a friend. You can go back to the others first I'll meet you there." Chan says keeping his head down as he steps out of the car walking away, leaving Minho alone.

Chan didn't tell Minho it was Hyunjin who called because there has to reason why he called Chan specifically.

☆彡★彡☆彡
Thanks you for reading
This will be updated every Tuesday