Chapter 32

The night has passed away into morning and Hyunjin still hasn't woken. Nurses have come and gone to clean and change the bandages around his wrists, but his body stays unconscious.

Minho is currently out taking Jeongin back to school. Last night when Jeongin arrived he was so confused, he never knew about a thing that has been going on. He knew of Hyunjins homophobic behaviour but ignored because Hyunjin was a nice guy who cared a lot more then he shows. Unlike Minho who was practically a helicopter parent. In their dorm Minho would make sure Jeongin is sleeping before midnight on school nights, getting all his work done and eating healthily.

Minho was the one who took Jeongin into a private room to explain everything and not missing out one detail. Letting him read over his letter from Hyunjin, his emotions were pulled. Jeongin was happy that Hyunjin knew the truth and was able to say but also sad that all this time he was having to hide from it in fear.

That night they all decided to stay in Hyunjins room, some on the couch and in chairs while Chan offered to take the floor. Felix also struggled to sleep, constantly waking, thinking he saw Hyunjin shift in the corner of his eye. Even now in the morning, his eyes keep watch over Hyunjin, looking for any sign he is awake. Changbin sat beside him, holding each other's hands they find a small amount of comfort in this situation.

Chan has gone with Han in search of a vending machine since none of them has eaten since about lunch yesterday, luckily they have some cash on them. While Seungmin is following nurses constantly asking questions about Hyunjins condition. Whenever they try and sit him down he sits there with his leg tapping away, biting his nails as he stares worryingly at Hyunjin.

No one can sit and comfortably, their minds all racing, hoping that Hyunjin will wake up soon. Hyunjin is no longer the douche bag he used to be, he has still caused pain but now that doesn't matter. He needs to hear everyone forgive him, he needs to know that now it will be okay, he needs to wake up.

"Anything?" Chan asks as he walks back into the room. Jisung following behind with his arms full of food and drinks, he dumps them onto an empty chair before collapsing into the one beside it.

"Nope." Changbin answers knowing Felix is too distracted to even notice the others enter. His attention so strong that a bomb could go off and he would still keep his eyes on Hyunjin.

Chan sighs as he picks up one of the chocolate bars they bought, he watches Hyunjin while tearing open the wrapper. "I used to really hate the guy but now," Chan takes a bite as he tries to think of the right words, "Don't get me wrong what he did was wrong, it's just that... we never knew what he was going through all this time. He was having to live as a different person. I can't imagine what it must feel like walking around in shell, the pain he must've gone through before." Taking the last bite of his chocolate bar Chan leans against the wall, the wrapper in his hand falling into the bin beside his feet.

"Changbin?" Jisung finally raises his voice, Changbin hums ready for what Jisung has to ask. "When you dated Hyunjin... what was he like?"

Changbin takes a moment to himself, he was prepared for that. "He was: nice, caring, warm-hearted, carful and... he was happy." Changbin didn't have to think about it too much, he could still remember the days of Hyunjin being the real him.

Every time he and Changbin would fight he would remember the clingy and smiley boy from before. It's the main reason why Changbin never fought back, he would let himself take every hit Hyunjin threw. For some reason, Changbin believed that one-day Hyunjin would realise what he's doing and that day did come, just not to way Changbin had imagined it.

The room quickly goes back into silence, the elephant slowly growing. The clock ticks away on the wall being the only sound apart from their breathing that breaks the silence. Their eyes only ever leaving Hyunjin to look at that clock. Everyone's in a state on between relaxed and anxious when the door suddenly swings open, a nurse with a trolly filled with bandages and other medical equipment comes rolling in, Seungmin quickly following behind like a lost puppy.

"Is he all right?" Seungmin asks as soon as the door close behind.

The lets out a huff as she rolls her eyes, she dreads being the one put on this job. "Seungmin, yes?" She asks making sure she has the right name.

"Yes yes, I'm Seungmin." Seungmin nods his head impatiently, he knows he is being a nuisance from the nurses' tone of voice but right now he doesn't care, all that matters is Hyunjin.

"Have I even taken his current bandages off?" She points to Hyunjin arms while looking Seungmin dead in the eyes.

"No," Seungmin asks still waiting for the answer to his question.

"So," the nurse takes a breath to keep her blood pressure low, she has had to deal with Seungmin following her around to every patient she sees. "If I haven't taken the bandages and looked at wound how am I meant to know?"

She expects him to give a reasonable answer but instead, she gets, "You're a nurse." Causing her to stare at Seungmin blankly not believing that he really just said that sounding serious.

The nurse was about to deliver a mini-rant to Seungmin with her patients running out when suddenly he's grabbed by the wrist and pulled out of the room. Everyone watching surprised that Felix has moved and not turned into a statue at the point.

"Let's take a walk in the garden." Felix finally says once he and Seungmin reach the elevator, his hand keeping grip onto Seungmins wrist.

☆彡★彡☆彡
Thank you for reading
This will be updated every Tuesday