I came out of the bathroom and sat on my bed.

“So you remember Joe.. The one I’ve been telling you about..” Mom smiled. 

“The one you’ve talked about everyday?” I smiled back. 

“Yes.. Well.. We got married.” 

“Mom!” 

My mom is married? 

“I really love him Samantha. He is so kind and always wants to do something for me, and he worries about me constantly,” 

“He sounds like a good man mom.” 

I smiled. Even though this is a shock to me entirely, I was glad she had someone. I have someone who is right now, under the watch of the government. 

“We are going back tomorrow morning at seven, so be prepared. Joe is very excited to meet you, he has been planning this huge supper for us. He’s a great cook.” She grinned. 

I smiled back but it was a fake smile. I’m not going home.. 

I crawled into bed and laid there until I heard my mom snore. Carefully, and calmly, I got out of bed and took my pajamas off, underneath I wore jeans and a black t-shirt. 

I pulled my hair into a ponytail and grabbed the car keys. 

“Samantha, no!” Mom said, turning the lights on. 

I stood there light a deer in the headlights. 

She got out of bed and grabbed tightly onto my wrist. 

“You said you wouldn’t! he brainwashed you! Samantha don’t!” She almost shouted. 

“I love him mom. Love cant be faked, but saying you don’t love someone can,” 

“If you go, I will call them. You need help..” 

“If you love me mom, you wouldn’t call them. Please, please don’t call them. They will kill him and that will kill me!” 

“I-I don’t know.. He is dangerous and could kill you,” 

“Jack would never hurt me.” 

She gripped tighter onto my wrist.

Of course I know how to get out of this. Jack used to grab my wrist several times and told me to get out of it. 

It three moves, I could have her onto the floor. 

But I would never hurt my mom. 

“If I’m caught, then I’m caught, but it wont be from someone calling and telling them. Please don’t.” I told her with as much force as I could use. 

“I got through all this information for the past couple of days. To hear that my baby had died was terrifying. To see and hear that you aren’t the same girl, that was shocking. But to hear that you have fallen for the man who took you from me, who forced you in many ways, and who you had relations with? That is unbelievable.” 

It was quiet, and I knew the more I waited, the more danger he was in. 

“Let me do this. Please, I’m begging you. Go back home and I will see you soon, I swear.” I begged. 

She let go of my wrist and sighed. 

“I don’t want you hurt.. I just got you back..” She breathed. 

“I know. But I cant leave him. Its impossible. If Joe was in this situation, wouldn’t you want to save him?” 

“That’s completely different-”