Chapter 28

The day had arrived, and the two of them had been anticipating the evening since they opened their eyes that morning. Work had been like any other day, none of the commuters were really bothersome either. No annoying or silly questions, nobody coming up to the counter outraged, nothing. The only thing they were even remotely upset at was the lateness of their trains, as per usual. It was almost quittin' time for Tiffany, very close to 5 PM. Dani had actually gotten off two hours earlier. In an amorous moment, Tiffany had asked Dani to pick out her outfit for her. She couldn't wait to see how creative she could get. 

     At the current moment, Tiffany was sitting at her counter anxiously glancing at the clock back and forth. Lamont was doing the evening shift tonight, but he still wasn't quite here yet. Her anxiety kept her from paying attention to the sweet old lady at her counter and she almost overcharged her. Come on, Lamont

     Just when she thought she could stand no more, Lamont came sauntering into the ticketing window area as if he had nowhere to be. She looked over at him at a break between commuters, annoyed. He stood there looking next to oblivious.

     "Nice of you to show up, I thought you weren't coming to join the party." Tiffany said, the annoyance audible in her tone now. 

     "Listen, this was serious man. It was a real emergency." Lamont sat down, looking serious as a heart attack as he set up his station. Tiffany cocked her head to the side, feeling skeptical.

     "And what pray tell, was this emergency?" She asked.  Lamont looked up at her still serious, but nervous. He gave a sigh.

     "See, there's this cutie pie been coming thru in the evenings, right? So in order to look fly I had to find my good cufflinks for my jacket today, an--"

     "You had me waiting here almost 25 minutes for some damn cufflinks, Lamont?" Tiffany frowned.

     "Hey, hey...don't hate on my need to look good, you know I don't do sloppy. And for your information ma'am, yes it was an emergency." He turned back to his station. Tiffany couldn't believe what she was hearing. 

     "You're about to really have an emergency the next time you--you know what, never mind. Drop my bag for me, it's already sealed. You owe me, I'm late enough." Tiffany gathered her things quickly and headed for the employee room. 

     "Don't think it's not obvious why you running out of here so fast!" Lamont called after her suggestively, smirking like the Cheshire Cat.

     "Shut up Lamont!" 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Tiffany walked through the front door to find Dani in her bathrobe not ready at all. She was happily bouncing around the kitchen with music on. Her head turned when she heard Tiffany enter. 

     "Oh hey babe, welcome home!" Dani bounded over to Tiffany and kissed her lips. "I know there's going to be food at Briana's party, but I figure you'd want a small bite of something after work."