Chapter 3

Tiffany went home on Cloud 9 that night. Still half drunk, she was trying to analyze just exactly what happened. She flopped down on her bed, as fragments of this evening began to slowly flood into her mind. As her body hit the mattress the room spun abruptly from her intoxication. She made an attempt to try and focus on her thoughts and not her inebriated feelings so she could remember. Okay, tonight. What the hell happened? She had agreed to come out, to they all met there, blah blah blah....Dani and Jamal had some falling out and he left, Lamont wouldn't 'fess up to his past trysts with women...and oh yeah...Tiffany had ended up kissing the woman of her dreams. She licked her lips, trying to remember how hers tasted, but she could only taste liquor. She wanted seconds and then some, and she wanted it bad. Tiffany's eyes abruptly opened at a sound close by that sounded ten times louder than it should have been at the moment. She looked over to the nightstand and saw her phone vibrating until it fell off the nightstand and on the floor. She leaned over to look at it and saw that it was Jason. Seeing his name brought everything back into focus. Jason. The man she was supposed to be dating. The man she cheated on tonight.

     Tiffany sat straight up and ran her hands through her long twists. She willingly made out with Danielle knowing that she had Jamal. Knowing that she herself had Jason. Listening to that devil on her shoulder, who was trying to creep back up again. Who gives a fuck? Tonight you kissed the woman of your dreams and you know you enjoyed it. It looked like she did too, you're overthinking. But what should she do now? She did genuinely love Jason and yes he was being an ass at the moment, but she still was his girl. A sweep of guilt came over her and then left as quick as it came. Why wouldn't it stay put? Wasn't she supposed to stay guilty and then confess? And even if she did, don't guys like when girls kiss girls? Knowing Jason, he would ask what she looked like and if she was thick and had a nice ass or something. And that was none of his business because she wanted Dani to herself. The thought of that made her draw her lips in a straight line. Yeah, she wasn't going to tell Jason. She just wasn't. He's too much of a pervert. He wouldn't even be mad. Thats what she wanted, for him to be upset. It was only right. That was the normal thing to feel after being cheated on, right? Tiffany leaned down and picked up her phone to have a look at it. Jason had texted her.

     Jason: Baby I'm sorry please talk to me. You're making me worried

     She wanted to call him, she really did, but at the same time, she wanted him to go fuck himself. After what he said to her he needed to worry. He needed to feel dread in the pit of his belly. He was dead ass wrong and there was no way around it. She threw the phone back on the floor. She would deal with him in the morning. Right now, she wanted to just sleep because that sounded good right about now. Sleep, fully clothed. Fuck it, it wouldn't be the first time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Tiffany awoke to bright rays of light peeking through her chiffon curtains. She immediately rose to fully shut them, the pains of a light hangover coursing through her brain. How do you get rid of these things again? Usually she took it easy at the bar, not this time. Lamont had accomplished his goal. She went to sit up slowly, rising like the dead. The pleasant memories in her head flooded her brain again; until she picked up her phone and saw the texts and one voicemail and suddenly recalled what she had to do. Jason had sent her several messages through the night.

                                                      Jason: Are you home
                                                      Jason: Babe

                                                     Jason: Baby I'm sorry
                                                    Jason: BABE