Chapter 2

Tiffany put her bag down on the table in the break room and let out a long, tired breath. It had been a long 8 hours of selling commuter tickets to stupid people, and stupid was an understatement. She never thought of herself as better than any of them, it's just that every other question was just so damn asinine. She worked for the city's transportation company at the ticket counter for the commuter trains downtown and some of the questions they asked and blatant displays of lack of intelligence had her astounded.

"Can I bring my dog on board if he's not a service dog?" If you're that attached, you need a boyfriend.

"Does this line go into the next state?" If it says local, do I really need to answer this question?

"Do I have to fold up my stroller before I board?" No,  just let your kid fall into the gap.

Oftentimes, it was the most mentally draining shit in the world, besides retail. But retail was a thing she was never going back to. She was still leaning against the wall with her eyes closed trying to shoo away all the stupid swirling in her head when she heard her name.

"Tiff!" She jumped, thinking her supervisor was nearby. She opened here eyes and there she was, casting away all the darkness. Danielle stood before her, in all her beautiful splendor. She had Tiffany's full attention. Her thick, curly hair was pulled back into a half ponytail. Her bright crimson lips popped against the buttercream tone of her skin and she smelled like heaven. Not to mention she made the uniform look like she was wearing a piece by Givenchy. How was she so naturally flawless? Danielle's red lips parted to speak.

"Me, Lamont, and Jamal are going to go get some drinks. You in?" Tiffany felt her eyes widen a bit. Does a bear shit in the woods?

"I'm down," Tiffany tried to play it cool like she wasn't super ecstatic on the inside.

"Cool. We'll be at the usual spot. We'll see you then!" And then she walked her majestic ass--her majestic, voluptuous ass--out the door towards the lockers. Then suddenly Tiffany realized what she had said, which snapped her from dreamland. Danielle said herself, Lamont, and....Jamal. JAMAL. Dammit. She wouldn't be able to secretly flirt with him hanging all over Danielle. Now Jamal was a cool guy, he really was. But he was in the way. Ugh. Hopefully he'd cut out early. Either way, Tiffany was excited for some after work fun to shake up her mundane life. Maybe that would end up being an understatement?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About an hour later, Tiffany strolled into the bar in "people clothes" as she called it when she was out of uniform. She spotted the group immediately, in a corner. Naturally, Danielle was the first person she saw. She looked more beautiful than ever in her "people clothes", throwing her head back in a hearty laugh with her fresh curls bouncing....and then Jamal next to her. Bleh. Tiffany sighed and walked up to the group.

"She's hereeee..." Lamont teased going in for a hug.

"You say that like I'm the devil." Tiffany replied and returned his hug.

"No, I'm surprised you actually came out. How you been?" Lamont was handsome, tall, and cinnamon skinned. He also was good with money and was a hard worker. Unfortunately sometimes this attracted the wrong women, but Lamont was a smart man and he knew how to sniff em out.

"I was ready for some fun. Life is boring." Tiffany said matter of factly.

" Well good, allow me." Lamont turned to one of the servers. "One sex on the beach and a shot of tequila for her please!"

"Lamont!" Tiffany giggled.

"Nope, you need to be as inebriated as we'll be, no excuses. That means no beer." He said. Tiffany sighed and felt a hand placed on her shoulder. Just by the gentle way it was done, she could tell who it was. She turned around to face Danielle, face in full makeup....and then Jamal. But fuck him right now.