Chapter 26

The whole thing had been Dani's idea. Tiffany didn't want to be here in this police station because she didn't think it was necessary. It was further into the week now, and Tiffany had seen this girl at least two more times. Upon telling this to Danielle, she was having none of it. Tiffany secretly thought that maybe Dani was trying her damndest not to let Tiffany use her gun as well.  Dani had decided that they were going to get help from the authorities once Tiffany had mentioned seeing this girl for the third time. Tiffany didn't even fight her because she knew it was fruitless. So here she was, under annoying florescent lighting, waiting for her turn. 

     "Next please? Tiffany Watson?" A female sergeant came into the waiting area looking around. Her eyes landed on Tiffany as she stood with Dani. "Right this way." the sergeant led them down their a short hallway and into her cramped office which had several family photos placed in different areas. The two girls took a seat as the sergeant settled in her seat. 

     "Let me introduce myself first. I'm Sgt. Ferguson, one of the sergeants working here during most of the week, I'll be handling your case. May I see some government issued ID please?" She asked. Tiffany fished her license from her pocket and handed it over. Sgt. Ferguson took it and looked it over carefully then handed it back, and picked up a pen and paper to begin the report.

"Thanks. Now tell me about what's going on. The summary you wrote here say there's a woman stalking you?" Sgt. Ferguson was the kind of woman who you could tell was tough as nails and took no shit, but still had somewhat of a hidden soft side. Her green eyes looked into Tiffany's. Sitting up straight, Tiffany began to speak. 

    "It seems that way. I work at the station close to here as a ticket agent. I've seen in close proximity to me maybe a total of three times, and every time she's made brief direct eye contact with me. It was a look like she couldn't stand me or something." Tiffany said. Sgt. Ferguson nodded. 

     "And this is within the station you've seen her? Nowhere else?"

     "That's correct."

     "Okay. Can you give me a description of how she looks please?" The sergeant asked. 

      "Medium height, brown skin, cornrowed hair, usually covered up though with a hat, hazel eyes. She's usually wearing all black. The weird part about it though, is that my girlfriend and I have seen her before someplace else." Tiffany said, then paused.  Sgt. Ferguson raised an eyebrow.

     "Oh?" she asked. Tiffany nodded.

     "Yes. My girlfriend and I went to a bed and breakfast by the shore not too long ago. There, we met this girl with her girlfriend, but she was real standoffish and quiet. Sat with us during breakfast, but her girlfriend talked more than she did." 

     "Interesting. And you didn't know these girls at all, right?"

     "No. I befriended the girlfriend but they broke up while they were there."

     "Anything else?" Sgt. Ferguson kept scribbling down her notes. 

     "Well...the reason why they broke up is because this girl tried making a pass at me but she got rough. I rejected her advances and she got unusually angry." Tiffany said.  Dani suddenly looked like she remembered something and nudged Tiffany.

     "Babe, we know her name remember!" She turned to Tiffany squeezing her arm. Tiffany's eyes got big as the girl's name popped into her head.

     "Right! They did introduce themselves. This girl's name is Aisha. Last name, I'm not sure. I do remember her staring at me a little too hard as well." Tiffany told Sgt. Ferguson.