Chapter 11

Tiffany didn't understand what Lamont was secretly plotting, nor did she care. She didn't even want to come out and do anything. However, Lamont wouldn't stop begging and begging and begging. All he was asking for was for her to come down and have a few drinks, because according to him drinking wine alone in your place is "depressing". She wished he would just let her be sad and pitiful and leave her be. Lamont said he at least wanted to see Tiffany come out and have some fun. Just enjoy being outside the house instead of being cramped up. Whatever. 

      Right now, Tiffany was finishing getting dressed in the mirror. She wasn't doing much because she didn't plan on being out for long. She had chosen simple black leggings, and a long, cozy off the shoulder loose top. The weather tonight allowed for to be a little more relaxed with her ensemble choices. Her twists were thrown into a messy bun. She looked at her reflection and shrugged. She didn't even care about makeup. Two drinks tops, the second she would babysit. Tiffany threw on some comfy flats, grabbed her wallet and keys and left out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Lamont had told Tiffany to be there at 8:30. Tiffany was in front of the bar by 8:39, showing her lack of enthusiasm. She walked through the doors after being carded, and then scanned the place for Lamont. She spotted him at a table and froze, her blood running cold. Sitting with him at the table was Danielle. She turned her head laughing from something Lamont said and then saw Tiffany, her face immediately going blank. Her expression turned to stone. Tiffany forced herself to take steps forward. Lamont waved her over but she felt herself getting so angry at him she ignored him. This whole thing had been a setup. Tiffany never said she was ready to try and make up just yet. What did the hell did he think he was doing? 

     Tiffany forced herself to slowly approach the table and glare at Lamont. Danielle was doing the same. Lamont saw this and slowly put his hands up in defense.

     "Before either of y'all go lunging across this table to try and kill me, hear me out," he said.  

     "Speak," Tiffany said curtly through gritted teeth. Lamont jumped at this then recomposed himself and took a deep breath.

     "Okay. I see how y'all both have been lately. You're both drinking whole bottles of wine, you're both sad, you're both hurt, just a lot whole lot of not so good emotions. But most of all, I see the two of you are miserable without one another and you know it. There's a lot of things here that I know have been unsaid. As you both are my close friends, I just wanna see y'all happy again. So what I'm gonna do now, is I'm gonna step away for a little bit, and I'm gonna let you two talk, because you know you need to." And with that, Lamont smoothly stepped away from the table and out the door, like a ghost.

     Dani stared down at the table, refusing to make eye contact with Tiffany. Tiffany sighed hard and looked up at Dani from a bowed head.

     "Danielle. Look at me." Danielle kept her head turned the complete opposite direction, arms crossed. 

     "I....I'm sorry—"

    "Sorry?!" Danielle snapped, whipping her head back around to face Tiffany. "For what exactly? Leading me on, making me develop feelings? Or were you using me?"

      "What?" Tiffany was taken aback. "Danielle, why on earth—"

      "I don't know, why don't you tell me?" Danielle wouldn't stop glaring a hole in Tiffany's soul. Her words did sting a bit. Tiffany felt tears prickling the corners of her eyes. "I mean it. Tell me exactly what the fu—"

     "Dammit Danielle, shut up, I love you." Danielle froze in her tracks. Tiffany was just as shocked. It seems as though her mouth just took on a mind of its own, because it all came out at once.

     "Wh—what?" Dani's eyes got big as saucers. Tiffany couldn't believe what she just heard either. Something was controlling her courage and it wasn't liquor this time. She looked up at Dani slowly, right into her eyes.

     "I said I love you." Tiffany hurried up and repeated herself before she lost her nerve. Dani looked all around, everywhere but at Tiffany. She seemed confused. When she recomposed herself, she returned Tiffany's eye contact again. 

     "If you love me, why did you do that? Why did you just walk away?" Dani's voice was small and full of hurt. Tiffany sighed, daring to reach out and gently touch Danielle's hands. 

     "I—I got scared. You told me you were falling for me, and I guess since it's the first time I heard it from a woman it scared me because it's something different, something new. I didn't know how to react. Being without you for more than a week made me wake up and realize how I really felt. I....thought since we were only being physical then no feelings would come up but I guess we're both wrong. I'm sorry Danielle. I love you." Tiffany finished staring into Dani's soul, and looked up at Dani, scared of her response.

     Dani was staring back at her, looking amazed. Her face then softened, and she reached out to gently touch Tiffany's face. Tiffany leaned into it and closed her eyes. Her touch felt so good after not feeling it for 7+ days. 

     "Can I bring up the elephant in the room?" Dani asked, placing her other hand on her chest. Tiffany nodded, still in a daze. "What I was going to tell you that day was that my feelings were definitely getting stronger. That it was not quite love but more than a like. It seems now we're at about even ground." She held that intense gaze like only she knew she could. Tiffany felt something inside her blossom and warm her everywhere. Like some sort of blanket of emotion. 

     Instinctively, she leaned over, cupped Dani's face with both hands, and kissed her deeply. They needed no words right now. Just one another. Dani's lips and mouth had a faint taste of peach on them, lingering from her drinks. After the kiss Tiffany pulled away slowly and gazed into Dani's eyes. 

     "I should hope so," Tiffany smirked. Dani's eyes darkened for a moment and she reached across the table like Tiffany did but instead of cupping, she squeezed her face between her thumb and forefingers.

     "But don't you ever fucking do that shit again, you hear me? Or then I'm walking away." Dani's voice sounded stern but tipsy. Tiffany shrugged as if that grip didn't faze her.

     "As long as you promise to grip me up like this in the bedroom before making me eat it, you can have whatever you want," Poor Tiffany was still in a daze. What power did this creature have over her? Dani giggled and shared a few cute pecks with Tiffany as Lamont came up to the table, hands in his pockets. He grinned upon seeing the two girls having made nice. They didn't even notice him.

     "See? This is what we want. Communication, not silence," he said sarcastically. Without looking at him, Tiffany threw her hand up towards him.

     "Skurrrt—-still mad at you," Tiffany said and continued kissing Dani. Lamont continued to stand there with a "well I never" look on face while the two women stayed in the own blissful corner of the world. Damn, it felt good to have her back.