Chapter 1

It was date night, and Tiffany was flustered. She took a look in the mirror at her painted face and frowned. She wasn't exceptional at this whole makeup and contouring thing. The work she'd done wasn't terrible, but it wasn't top notch. Not her best work at all, because she was a little tired.

       It'll have to do. I don't look like Quasimodo, it should be fine, she reassured herself and stepped away from the mirror. Her Senegalese twists were half tucked into a bun atop her head and the rest was going down her back. She'd lined her almond shaped eyes to make them stand out more and her red lips popped against her pretty face. The maxi dress she wore clung to her body and her wedge heels gave her a bit more height. Large hoops dangled from her ears.

     The vibrating of her phone on the counter snapped her out of her thoughts. Tiffany picked it up and read the message from Jason Rountree, her boyfriend.

                        Jason: Downstairs babe

She rolled her eyes but his text still put a smile on her face. Would it kill him to use some punctuation? She grabbed her purse and made her way towards the front door. Jason was waiting for her in his pickup outside. He smiled upon seeing his girl.

      "You look lovely, babe. And you smell good." He leaned in for a kiss, his hazel eyes sparkling at her. He looked nice himself, dressed in a button down and a tee underneath. His long legs wore khaki colored cargo pants.

     "Thank you dear. So where are we going?" The two of them climbed in the car and buckled up.

     "If I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise, now would it? "

     "Can I at least get a hint?" Tiffany slid her hand over to his thigh and started rubbing. His eyebrows raised.

     "You really want answers, you're better off giving me a blowjob instead of that". Tiffany retracted her hand quickly and he busted out in laughter. She frowned at him disapprovingly and sat back in her seat. She'd gladly wait this one out. He could be so damn crude.

     Twenty minutes later they pulled up to a very fancy looking Italian place. A big lit sign that said "Abruzzi's" in a fancy font illuminated the building and parking lot. It looked like a small crowd was inside.

     "Oooh, this looks nice," Tiffany said, her eyes lighting up at the place. "How'd you find it?"

     "Guy Fieri." he smirked. " You know I watch his show religiously." Tiffany shook her head at thus but smiled. He did love that show, he wasn't wrong.

     At dinner they made jokes and laughed and talked like usual. It was so perfect, and Tiffany hoped that the feeling would last and they'd have a perfect evening...unlike last time. Just one night of peace, please. Sipping her red wine, she could only hope.

     They both left their doggie bags in the car during the movie they went to see. It was the latest Marvel film that everyone was clamoring to see and the theater was half full. During the movie Tiffany felt him reach over and gently grab her hand. She suddenly felt warm inside at his touch. She looked over at him and his eyes were fixed on the screen at Iron Man but his touch was speaking volumes. Tiffany turned back to the screen and smiled.

     On the way back to Tiffany's place, Jason broke their silence. "Everything been alright with you babe?" She cautiously turned towards him. This could go one of two ways right now.