Chapter 18

The morning sunlight seeped through the flowy curtains around the window and into Dani's face. Her eyes fluttered open and she sat up and stretched. She looked to her right and there was Tiffany there beside her, peacefully sleeping with a dreamy look on her face. She watched her breathing, slowly and calmly. Dani hated to wake her but breakfast was just beginning, and she had a lot in store for her today. Gently, she reached over and nudged Tiffany.

     Tiffany stirred and her eyes fluttered open. Her lips formed a dreamy smile.

     "Good morning," she said, sleepiness thick in her voice.

     "I'm glad to see you're still smiling," Dani said kissing her forehead. She was in a relaxed mood and state of mind. The two of them were far away from home, far away from stress, in a relaxed environment. She couldn't wait to start the day with Tiffany. She looked at her phone, it was almost 8 A.M. "If we're gonna have breakfast we should get washed up and ready, it's starting soon." Tiffany agreed and they both got out of bed to shower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     After getting washed and dressed, and some quick morning sex, the two of them came downstairs to join everyone else for breakfast. They'd worked up quite an appetite....again.

     The dining area was set up buffet style, with a long table against the wall. Each pan had something different in it. There was bacon, link sausage, sausage patties, turkey sausage, plain scrambled eggs, scrambled eggs with veggies, fruit, croissants, assorted bagels, hash browns, home fries...literally anything they wanted. There were even some people with sunny side eggs on their plates. That was only by request. Everything looked and smelled absolutely delicious.

     Mrs. Williams was flitting around the room, checking on all the couples at the tables. She spotted Dani and Tiffany coming in hand in hand and came over to them with a smile.

     "Good morning, ladies! I'm so glad you could join us. I hope you both have an appetite, because we have a full spread here. You go ahead and help yourselves. If anything runs out my son Michael is the head chef here, and he'll make another batch." She beamed at the two of them. She reminded Dani of an auntie figure. Laid back and chill. She thanked Mrs. Williams and they went and got their plates.

     Dani chose to have some of the sunny side up eggs, with some hash browns, link sausage, and a bagel with cream cheese and chives. Tiffany must have been hungry, because she went all out and had scrambled eggs and cheese, a biscuit with sausage gravy, sausage patties, and home fries with a little ketchup. They looked around to find a place to sit at one of the round tables and found an open spot where Michelle and David had been sitting with a female couple. They approached the table.

     "Good morning, do you mind if we have a seat?" Tiffany asked before Dani could say anything. David and Michelle gave a friendly smile and nodded.

     "Sure you can," David said gesturing for them to sit. The other couple nodded. The stud girl out of the two of them stared at Tiffany a second too long. Hmmm. Dani just may have to show off now.

     "So how did you girls sleep?" Michelle asked them. She took a bite of sliced cantaloupe.

     "Like a dream, I'm gonna need to find out what type of mattress we're sleeping on so I can have one!" Tiffany joked. She stopped and turned to the other couple. "Oh I'm sorry, I'm Tiffany and this is my girlfriend Danielle." Dani felt a flourish of butterflies go through her tummy at that word. Girlfriend. Tiffany had called her her girlfriend.  Oh she was gonna get it for sure tonight.

     The femme of the two was just as bubbly as Tiffany, and stuck out her hand. "I'm Brianna. This is Aisha." She pointed to the stud next to her. Aisha kept stealing glances.

     "Pleasure is mine," she said going back to her food. 

     "You girls have plans today?" Michelle asked.

     "I think a trip to the boardwalk is in order," Dani said with a loving glance at Tiffany, who was chowing down on her food. She made sure Aisha got a good look. Don't even try it. Tiffany did look cute in her Pink sweatpants and hoodie, but not for that girl. Suddenly Tiffany glanced up at what Dani had said, looking excited.

     "Oooh, can we? I'm so ready for the boardwalk games!" Tiffany lit up like a little kid, a big smile on her face. Dani smiled.

     "Of course we can. Whatever you want, just don't rush your breakfast," she said to her.

     "We just may go down to the shore later today to watch the sun set. David and I are looking for a weekend of romance, right hon?" She said to David as he shoved a forkful of eggs in his mouth. He nodded.

     "What about you guys?" Dani pointed at the two girls with her fork. Briana spoke up.

     "I think we're just going to enjoy the grounds, this is our last day here. We leave in the morning," She said with a cheerful smile. Good. Internally, Dani was surprised at how protective she was being of Tiffany. She knew Tiffany would never do anything to hurt what they had, but she didn't trust others. Aisha paused chewing and whipped her head around to her girlfriend, frowning up her face. Her dreads whipped around with her.

     "We're not going back to the boardwalk bae?" She asked. It was Briana's turn to look confused.

     "A second time?" She shook her head. "We'll figure it out. But y'all are gonna love the boardwalk. Lots of stuff to do and plenty to eat. Be prepared to gain some weight!" Briana said with a laugh. Tiffany laughed along with her. Looks like she was making a friend.

     "Oh, I'm well prepared. That's exactly why I'm wearing sweatpants. I'm ready for funnel cake, boardwalk fries, all those things!" Her face was lit up like a Christmas tree.

     "You two have fun. You're going to love that and this place itself. As for us, we're just about done. Care to take a stroll on the grounds with me dear?" Michelle asked her husband. It was clear who wore the pants, as David stood right away.

     "Sure, let's walk this food off. You ladies enjoy your day." He smiled and took his wife's hand and off they went. Everyone here was just so darn nice and relaxed. Perfect. The attention shifted back to Dani and Tiffany.

     "So what made y'all come down?" Aisha asked, trying her hardest to not look obvious.

     "Just to get away," Dani answered. Her eyes smiled but her lips did not. Aisha nodded and pointed with her fork at Briana.

     "This here was her idea." Briana turned to Aisha a second time, slight disappointment in her face.

     "Babe don't say it like that, you make it sound so boring!" She said. Aisha shrugged.

     "Aye, I'm just used to 5 star hotels with a pool and a bar, that's all I'm saying. Places where you can wild out," she responded.

     "Well maybe it's time for a change of pace. Slow down for a sec." Briana tried to reason with her. Aisha sighed and looked down. Dani looked over at Tiffany, who was sitting back full and content, sipping on her mimosa.

     "Are you gonna be able to get up? Looks like The Itis got you," Dani teased.

     "I'm ready," Tiffany said, looking very content. "Let's go hit that boardwalk." They stood.

     "Ladies, it was very nice meeting you. Hopefully we'll run into you two again before you leave?" Dani said politely. Briana smiled.

     "That'd be nice, have fun!" Briana said her goodbyes. Dani caught Aisha staring one last time. Her poor girlfriend was totally oblivious. Dani felt sorry for her. She had planned a lovely retreat for them and here was her girl staring down other women. Such disrespect.

     Dani walked away with her arm around Tiffany, which she not so casually slid down to her ass and gave it a slight squeeze. That should show her.