41. Its Time

- The third day -

Cumber fell to the floor, burning on the inside and smoking on the out, "Goddamnit...! This is humiliating!!!"

"Quit complaining!" Siphon descended to the ground, "We need to repeat this process as many times as we can." He stepped up to Cumber.

The Saiyan struggled to get to his feet; his legs wobbling as he managed to stand.

Siphon placed a hand on Cumbers shoulder, healing the Saiyans burns and powering him up again.

Cumber's entire body sparked yellow for a brief moment before it vanished.

Lomei teleported close by, using the scouter, "You two are growing real fast. It's almost frightening."

"Keep your comments to yourself," Cumber spat the blood from his mouth, "Let's go again!" He and Siphon flew back to the sky, sparring once again, growing in power as they collided.

Lomei sighed, adjusting his collar over the frostbite on his neck, nearly freezing his fingertip as they brushed against the ice, "Does this ever melt?!" He teleported back to the village.

The Saiyan village was packed with Saiyans along with prisoners, all moving around stolen items and people who were taken as slaves.

It was impressive how much the army had stolen from the three planets they had raided. It was also comical how little space they had on the ships when they had returned.

Lomei stepped to the edge of the ice wall, teleporting to the ground. The Yardrat made his way through the village, listening to the chatter and hollering among the fighters.

As Lomei walked down the main street of the village, a prisoner approached him, "Sir, we brought back a weapon but we don't know how to activate it."

"What kind of weapon?" Lomei followed the prisoner to the roof of one of the huts.

Five prisoners and two Saiyans stood around what looked like a man wearing a torn dark brown poncho and a large black gamblers hat. He seemed to be sitting criss cross with his head tilted down to hide his face.

"What is this?"

"It's some kind of droid. We find him abandoned in an underground bunker after we raided planet Shirt. It seems to be some kind of project that was near completion." The prisoner lifted the droids hat from behind, messing with the wires in its head."

Another small prisoner stepped up to the droid with electricity sparking between his hands, "Maybe it just need a jumpstart." He raised his finger to the droids head, "Should I?"

Everyone seemed to agree as they stepped back.

The prisoner poked the droids head, shocking its entire body.

Lomei nearly stepped off the roof with the sudden flinch of the droid. It's eyes brightened with a growing red glow. It stood up, easily towering over everyone.

The small prisoner noticed a smeared scribble on its poncho, "I think this thing has a name."

The droid looked to the prisoner, scaring him away with a blank glare. It turned to Lomei, getting closer to the Yardrat. Every step he took sounded heavier than the last.

"Can you speak?"

The droid seemed so startled by the question, even tilting its head to the side. It shook its head while giving the Yardrat some space.

"You can't speak?"

The droid raised its head, showing a burned hole in its throat.

"It's speech modulator is damaged."