28. Out of a Job

Janemba eyed his target, Hirudegarn, a great destructive living nightmare he had to deal with before. He had bested this monster before, and he was ready to do it again.

Hirudegarn inhaled in an instant, shooting his head forward, letting out a beam of fire.

Janemba flew around the flames, quickly going in with his sword, about to plunge it into the monsters head.

As he was about to make contact, the monster vanished, turning into a massive shroud; manifesting behind the demon and striking him into the ground.

Janemba lifted himself up, jumping away from Hirudegarn's foot. He sliced the blade at the monster, nearly taking off its leg if it hadn't vanished into a shroud again.

Janemba followed the smoke, seeing it manifesting above him. With his overwhelming speed, the demon sliced his sword upwards. Hirudegarn didn't form his body, tricking Janemba and grabbing the demon with its tail, causing him to drop his sword.

Hirudegarn fell to the ground, holding Janemba hostage in its tail, "Gah!" Janemba tried pushing the tail off of him, quickly getting smashed into the planets surface. Hirudegarn stomped on his own tail, crushing Janemba into the floor.

The demon gritted his teeth, trying to withstand the monsters onslaught.

As Hirudegarn was about to bring his fist onto the demon, he opened his mouth, letting out a fast beam to the monsters face.

Hirdegarn's tail nearly unraveled, giving Janemba the chance to push the tail off of him, getting free and quickly going for his opponents head.

Hirudegarn threw a punch, Janemba smirked, putting his hands to his face, opening a portal in front of his own body sending Hirudegarns punch through the portal, and into his own face from the side.

Janemba tried to close the portal quickly, attempting to slice off the monsters arm, but it was smarter than that, fading into its shroud form and getting some distance.

Janemba held his hand out, his Blood Ruby Sword flew into his palm like two strong magnets, "Heh!" Janemba sliced a huge purple crescent blast at Hirudegarn. To the demons surprise, Hirudegarn opened his mouth, blowing a powerful beam of energy, holding off the purple blast to the best of its ability.

Janemba tried again, sending another crescent blast at the monster, quickly slicing Hirudegarn in four.

The monster ceased movement as its body began falling into pieces.

Janemba descended to the ground, staying cautious while making his way to the remains.

As suspected, the monster was still alive, quickly pulling itself together and punching at the horned demon. Janemba sliced a portal in front of him, blocking the punch, "Heh!" Janemba grinned, only to see Hirudegarn grinning as well.

"Huh...?" Janemba felt a swift breeze blow passed him, getting impaled onto Hirudegarns tail.

Janemba was lifted to eye level, trying to lift his sword while keeping his body strong.

Hirudegarn slammed Janemba between his hands, crushing the demons entire body.

Janemba's jaw began to burn, clenching his teeth so hard while trying to remain conscious.

Hirudegarn roared at the demon, grabbing him and throwing his crushed being into the pyramid, sending blood shooting from the demons mouth, splattering upon impact.

Hirudegarn ran at the demon, punching him into the pyramid, nearly destroying the structure, stepping back and stomping Janemba again.

As the monster roared, lifting its foot, he saw his opponent was dead.