4. The Kings Daughter

A few hours later Kohl had woken up and rushed to visit the king who was helping his fellow Saiyans go through what remained of the crashed ship.

"Sire." Kohl announced his arrival, landing next to the king, "Kohl," The king lifted a massive metal plate lying in front of him. He tossed it to a large pile of debris, "Good to see you up and about."

Kohl looked upon the entire sight, "Did I do this?"

"You did."

"Did I hurt anyone?"

The king put a hand on his shoulder, almost hesitant to answer, "We are looking for the crew members aboard this ship. One of them is healing. We still need to find the other four."

"... three."

"Three?"

"Yes, that thing... that alien killed one of them right in front of me."

"He was a Frost Demon. I never thought I would see one in my life. They are said to be extremely powerful. Luckily you were here to put him down before we lost more Saiyans."

Kohl understood, nodding as he picked up a large metal plate with his foot, "If I destroyed this ship, there's a good chance I also killed the other Saiyans."

"Don't do that. Don't do that to yourself. We weren't going to stop him without your raw power. You know that as well as I do."

"I shouldn't have transformed here; I put too many people at risk. It was a poor choice in judgment. You know I would eventually transform here so everyone can see that I'm just a caged animal." Kohl kicked a metal plate over, "I get dirty looks sometimes... From other Saiyans... even from cooks or doctors. They know something is wrong with me. At least... I'm sure they do." Kohl flipped a broken door over. "They look at me as if I don't belong... and deep down, I know I don't. I'm a safety hazard to you, them, and this planet."

The king went over his words, sighing as he tore apart an untouched metal case, "We'll find a way to help you control that form someday."

"Sire, you know that's not going to happen, I've tried and you tried. No one here can help me overcome this. I think it would be best if I leave before I cause more problems. Maybe find -"

"If you leave, everything Kora has done for you, everything she's fought for... everything you two have built together, will crumble." The king glared at Kohl, "And I won't forgive you if you hurt her."

"Is she here?" Kohl asked.

"Yes, I assume she's waiting for you." The king gestured to the castle.

Without a second thought; Kohl launched off the ground, heading to the castle.

'Kohl, you are needed here more than you know,' The king watched as Kohl flew away.

Before Kohl could land, he noticed someone was already heading right for him, "Kohl!"

In a flash, he was tackled by his wife, "oof!" The air was knocked from his lungs. With her arms around his head, his wife smothered him, "I missed you!"

Kohl hugged her back, "I missed you too Kora."

Kora let him go, giving him a quick kiss, "I heard you fought an invader with my father."

"I did... but I transformed here. A stupid decision on my part."

Kora lifted his head, "Hey, look at me. You did good and kept us safe. Plus, you saved my father." She gave a smooch on the cheek before she got on his back, "Let's go home. We'll talk after we have some fun."