13. The Search

Four days went by as Chiv would visit every village and ask around for a Saiyan named Kora.

During those days, Kohl would follow Chiv but hide himself as he waited for the fisher to return. 24 villages they visited and not a single Saiyan had heard of Kora. Kohl was beginning to believe that the king had lied, or was maybe set up. Maybe Kora was back at home, resenting Kohl for leaving.

Kohl tried to push those thoughts back as he got more and more anxious. Getting denied the information he needed.

Chiv returned from the 25th village; shaking his head, "They don't know who that is. But someone had heard a few months ago, about a foreign Saiyan showing up at the next village."

Kohl got to his feet, "Where's this next village?!"

"Whoa, calm down. We'll go there now." Chiv then led Kohl to the next village, taking only 30 minutes to find.

As they approached the next destination, Kohl noticed the Saiyans had built houses and shacks just outside of a massive forrest. The trees were so bunched together, Kohl couldn't see inside.

"That is the unexplored forest of this planet. The trees are so tightly packed that not a single breeze is able to get through the outer layer." Chiv said.

"Why is it unexplored?"

"There's a myth going around that anyone who enters can't leave."

"Why not? Couldn't any Saiyan on this planet just fly up?"

"From what I've heard, there are toxic fumes that cause you to hallucinate. It messes with your mind."

"Well whose idea was it to make this village just outside the forest?" Kohl asked.

"Originally it was just a single shack. But soon it became populated by Saiyans who wished to challenge themselves. To see who can last the longest without going mad or flying out."

"That sounds stupid." Kohl said as he adjusted his breather.

"Sometimes the Saiyans who walk in, don't walk out."

Kohl was a little curious now, "Well what if there's something in there that's killing those who go in?"

Chiv shrugged, "Well then whoever goes in thinking they are the toughest; should be cautious."

Chiv pointed to a mountain, "Wait there. I'll be back. If Kora is here, I'll try to bring you to her."

"If she's not?"

Chiv sighed, "I've been helping you for far longer than I planned to, I want to return home to my family. If Kora isn't here, then she isn't here."

Kohl nodded, "I understand, and thank you for your help Chiv."

Chiv smiled, "No problem Kohl. If Kora isn't here, I'm very sorry." The Saiyan than flew to the village.

Kohl sighed as he flew to the mountain, landing on a ledge as he sat down and waited. "Kora, please be here." Kohl patted the bottom of his fist against his knee. "If you aren't in one of these villages, are you hiding? Have you been hiding this entire time? Are you a few months pregnant with our child? Have you come up with a name for our child?" Kohl smiled at the thought of the day he would hold his first born.

Kohl then looked to the moon, "Blizzard, are you still up there?"

Kohl patted his shoe, remembering he had given Blizzard the paper with their destinations written on it, "I guess you could leave whenever you want to. Honestly I don't blame you if you already left. I probably won't want to continue this afterwards anyways."