52. Fear

Kora flew out of the portal, She flew over the roof, "Yamoshi!" She rushed to the sky, "Yamoshi!!! Where are you?!"

The Saiyan ascended higher, squinting her eyes to search in the dark. She looked up, trying to find her child hiding somewhere she wouldn't usually think to look, in the clouds. The entire storm had vanished as if was never present, leaving Kora with nothing but the dead silence and the small gusts of wind; blowing away some of the smoke from the fight.

Her heart was pounding; studying her surrounding until she realized Kohl was missing. Even if Kohl's fight with the intruders had led them somewhere else, she would have been able to hear their clashing fists or see Kohl's aura. It glowed so brightly it would rival the light the sun produced.

As if she had gone deaf, every noise silenced, the wind, the ocean's slow currents, and the chirping crickets. Even the cabin that usually creaked when someone stepped on the roof, was silent. The planet seemed to be put on mute, leaving her with only a low whimper.

"Yamoshi?" Kora knelt, whispering for her son, "Yamoshi, is that you?"

The whimpering became more distinct, turning into a sob.

It went on long enough for Kora to find Yamoshi hiding against the chimney on what remained of their home.

"Yamoshi," She flew over to him.

Her son looked off into the distance, crying as he tightened his grip around his knees, bundling up to the chimney. He looked a little angry more than anything else along with the tears. "Why... he didn't do anything wrong... he didn't bother anyone..."

"Yamoshi?" Kora followed his gaze, looking out to the grassy fields.

Her eyes were still trying to adjust to the dark but she saw it, a body lying face down in the grass.

She didn't want to believe what she was seeing but her concern at the moment was her child, getting in between her son and the body, "Yamoshi." She patted his cheek, as she held his shoulder, she could feel his entire body trembling. His attention was still drawn to the body, unable to accept the death he witnessed.

"Yamoshi, we have to go," She reached under his arms to lift him up but he wouldn't budge, just blankly looking in the direction of the body.

Kora got face to face with her son, "Yamoshi, we have to go!" She tried to lift him again, but as she reached out, he looked up at her. His eyes were watery, and his teeth clenched... and then his eyes focused on her.

"Yamoshi?" Kora asked, watching her son's face lose all sense of emotion... and then she knew why.

The young boy watched a dark figure float down behind his mother. Its body was hidden in shadows even when the grass could be seen out in the distance.

Kora could feel its presence, wanting to turn around but her body screamed at her to remain still. Yamoshi continued to tremble, watching as the figure leaned in closer. Its yellow beating eyes focused solely on Kora, almost furious at her presence, shaking with an unstable fire that burned within. It just waited for her to turn around, to move just an inch.

Kora could only make eye contact with her son while goosebumps shot through her body. She tried turning her head but felt her and her son's lives would be at stake.

Both Saiyans just stayed in place with Kora starting to feel the intruder's hot breathe on her right ear.

Yamoshi just watched the figure lean closer, opening its mouth into a hideous grin. Kora could almost feel the figure leaning over her completely.

It was getting too close, forcing Kora to push through the fear and shoot a blast right over her shoulder. As she spun around to see if she had hit it, the figure had disappeared.