9. The Red Planet

- Three hours later -

Kohl yawned for the billionth time as he crossed his arms.

The yawning was contagious, as Blizzard yawned as well. He was a little confused as this was probably the first time he had ever yawned in his entire life.

Both warriors saw they were finally approaching a planet, a red planet. Its continents were red, or a shade of pink with hints of brown splotches. The oceans were a reddish-brown, and the entire atmosphere seemed to have some form of red fog that remained in place over the entire planet.

Kohl flew up beside Blizzard, "This is Earth?"

Blizzard stopped, causing Kohl to stop as well, "These were the coordinates Chardona wanted us to visit." He looked to the Saiyan, "Stay close, look for any signs of life, and do me a favor and don't speak."

"Are the inhabitants hostile or what?"

"That's just the thing, Chardona left a side note saying to stay quiet while we are here." Blizzards aura dispersed, leaving only a small glow around his being, a sort of barrier around himself.

Kohl closed his eyes and tried to calm down his power; the electricity slowly faded around his body, as did his aura, doing as Blizzard did and making a barrier, "Alright, let's go."

Slowly Blizzard and Kohl descended into the atmosphere, feeling like the fog was alive, moving towards them as they descended onto the planet.

Kohl looked around, seeing an almost complete opposite world from his own. While the other planet was bright and full of green fields and clear blue oceans, Earth was infected. The oceans were layered with a stoic mush, with the moon's gravitational pull having little to no effect on the water.

The surface of the ocean which wasn't covered in the mush showed the two visitors that the entire water supply was red like someone had just bled out into the entire ocean.

Kohl looked to Blizzard, seeing the alien was already uncomfortable being near this planet, as was the Saiyan.

As they got closer to the surface, they noticed the entire ground, buildings, trees, were all covered in what looked like flesh, slowly pulsating and beating like a living heart.

Everywhere Kohl and Blizzard's eyes wandered, they saw nothing but a planet that was swallowed by this sick infection.

Blizzard nudged Kohl's arm, pointing to what appeared to be a nearby city.

Kohl nodded, following the Frost Demon. As quietly as they could, they flew to the city. Staying clear of the buildings which were overrun.

The city was worse than any other area, having sprouted large trunks of organic red bleeding flesh. One was so big it had grown up the size of a building, sprouting veins to its surroundings to remain standing.

Kohl and Blizzard stayed in the middle of the buildings, making sure they were far enough from every infected structure.

They never stopped moving, seeing as the infection tried to get to everything it could reach.

The air itself was red, there were no blue skies, only dark clouds of brown mist blocked the sun out.

Kohl stopped, slowly and very cautiously getting to a building, trying to see inside one of the windows.

Blizzard did so as well, flying to the balcony of a fifty-floor hotel. The doors were open, allowing the alien to fly in without touching anything.

Even inside, the flesh had made itself at home, sprouting from the floor to the ceiling, blocking off doorways.

Blizzard already felt like he should have destroyed this planet.