Chapter 35

"It's not a long story. My boyfriend at the time and I had a scare and that's it." There was no way I was deep diving into that mess of a story. It honestly wasn't that big of a deal but I preferred not to relive it.

Nick rolled his eyes, "Boring. Theo you're next. We're only doing one round since Avery suggested King's cup."

The game went by really fast. Almost everyone drank for the last few questions we asked. King's cup was intense. Cameron ended up having to drink all the alcohol in the cup at the end of the game. To say that he was less than pleased was an understatement. I offered to help him drink it but I was already dangerously close to drunk. Nick wasn't having that and insisted that Cameron had to do it on his own.

As the empty cup was placed onto the table, Cameron groaned and rested his head on the back on the couch. Jessica leaned in and whispered something in his ear that made him smile and nod. The group fell into friendly chatter, most of it was slurred and hardly made sense but we were all laughing and having a good time.

Theo's hand slid from his thigh onto mine, squeezing gently, "Let's get some water and something to soak up the alcohol." I nodded and followed him out the room and into the small but modern kitchen.

He took two glasses from the cabinet and filled them with water, handing one to me and taking a sip from the other.

"Are you having a good time?"

A lazy smile spread onto my lips as I swayed to the soft music still playing in the background, "Yup. Your friends are fun. Those two girls keep giving me nasty looks though."

"That's why I brought you in here. I have no idea why they're doing that. This is the second time I've seen them. I think they're friends."

I shrugged, leaning against the counter and chugged my water, "Well they need to relax. It's not like I'm interested in the guys they're with."

"So who are you interested in?" He asked, stepping closer to me and placing his glass into the sink beside me. I put my glass in the sink beside his and tilted my head to the side.

"Hmm... Nick is really hot so definitely him."

"Is that so?" As he spoke, he lifted me onto the counter, making me giggle. Excitement bubbled deep within me while he pushed me legs open and stepped between them. I was more than aware of how high my dress had ridden up, "I love this on you," He whispered, his eyes had followed mine down to my very exposed thighs.

My mind was telling me to pull it down but I knew it didn't make a difference, "Thanks."

Theo leaned in and placed a soft kiss on my lips, then again and again, never letting them be more than a few seconds long. "Are you ready to go home?"

I checked my phone, it was only twelve in the morning, "Can we go to your room instead?" I was definitely tipsy but still good enough to control myself. Theo's shoulders slumped as he searched my eyes, "I promise I'll keep my hands to myself."

That made him crack a smile and nod as he grabbed my hand and helped me down from the counter. We walked past two doors that I assumed to be a bedroom and a bathroom but both were closed which left me to only assume. For all I knew, he had a man cave or a dungeon.

In a matter of seconds, we stopped outside of a dark door. Theo twisted the knob and pushed the door open, flicking the light on as he stepped inside. I didn't know what I was expecting his room to look like but it wasn't this. The sleek style of his entire home matched the vibe of this room with the cream walls and light grey curtains. The floor had a few button down shirts and jeans on it but other than that, his room was clean. My lips parted as my eyes roamed over every single surface, from his grey bed sheets that were tucked in neatly to his organised desk in the corner by one of his windows.