Chapter 14

"Woah," I gasped at the sight in front of me.

White tiles met beige walls decorated with family photos. The large grey sectional with a recliner could easily hold six people and was practically calling my name. There was a matching armchair with a tan and white pillow and blanket draped over it.

The open floor plan of Jake's home was absolutely breathtaking with the large grey dining table and chairs a few feet away from the living area. There was a lot of space in the house and it was filled perfectly.

"Do you live here alone?" I asked as I walked throughout the house, absentmindedly trailing my fingers along every surface.

The microwave door slammed shut and the sound of it running filtered through to the living room. The kitchen was to the left of the dining room, if I bothered to look, I would have seen everything that Jake was doing but I was too captivated by the smiling faces in the pictures on the wall. There was a handsome man and a beautiful woman holding a baby with two young boys standing in front of them.

The woman and man were about Jake's complexion with the man sporting a neat haircut and lined up beard while the woman had her hair pulled up into a puff.

"This is my parents' house. I live with them, my younger brother and sister," He spoke and I almost jumped at how close he was. He snaked an arm around my waist and pulled me back against his chest. Electricity coursed through my bare skin underneath his warm hand. I leaned into him and rocked ever so slightly, "They let me live here rent free while I save enough for a year's worth of rent." His breath blew across the side of my face, sending faint tingles along with it.

I turned to face him but his eyes were focused on the photo, "So, are you close to reaching your goal?"

His eyes finally met mine, his hands hadn't fallen from their position on my waist, "Yeah, I am. In about 6 months, I'll have enough money to move out of here." He grinned and it was infectious. I mirrored his expression and found myself being drawn to him.

I stepped closer to him which was almost impossible. I tilted my head up and he lowered his head until our lips met. Our kiss was soft and sweet. He smelled so good that I felt like I was going to melt. A soft moan escaped my lips and his grip on my waist got tighter.

The popcorn in the microwave popped loudly and demanded attention before settling down just as the beeping began. Jake groaned and stepped away from me. He loosened his grip before finally letting his arms swing at his sides. He turned and went into the kitchen. From what I could see, it matched the decor of the rest of the house with modern appliances.

I walked over to the sectional and threw myself back onto it. There was a huge flat screen positioned on the wall ahead of me with a glass coffee table between TV and myself.

Jake came over a few seconds later. He placed the bowl of popcorn on the table and fell back onto the couch, almost crushing me in the process. His melodic laugh filled the room as he watched me struggle to move before he could fall on me.

"Laugh now but if I chose to suffocate you for that, it wouldn't be funny anymore," I grumbled and his fit got even more out of control.

After he calmed down, he leaned forward and grabbed the remote from the table and turned on the TV. he flipped through some of the new releases then looked over at me, "What do you want to watch?" I knew it.

I held out my hand and he placed the remote into it. I looked through the options for a few moments before settling on an action movie. I was leaning more towards the comedies but I really didn't want to bore Jake. I saw him linger on this movie when he was looking at them and I knew that he wanted to watch it. I pressed the play button and set the remote back on the table. I grabbed the popcorn and got cosy on the couch, hugging the bowl tightly against me.