Chapter Five

I watched outside the window as drops of rain began to drizzle down creating patterns until they disappeared at the bottom.The sound of the rain pattering on the roof of the car caused my eye lids to start slowly dropping before I drifted off into sleep.

The wolves were standing in a circle, I shrieked when I saw they all had white eyes, with that red 'x' on each of their shoulders. I walked around slowly never taking my eyes off the group. A loud and vicious growl sounded through the woods as a wolf walked out of the woods and into the clearing. He was a huge wolf with a dark brown coat. He looked familiar but I couldn't figure out why. It looked nothing like the one from the woods. It growled at the wolves, all of them baring their necks in submission. The wolf walked into the circle. It began sniffing the air with a cautious look.

All of their heads snapped towards my direction. I hesitantly looked back as well to see no one there. Well shit. They all charged at me causing a loud scream to leave my throat.

I took off sprinting, why wasn't I snapping out of this? I grabbed onto the nearest tree and climbed up it until I was away from all the snarling wolves. The huge one parted through them and shifted back into human form. He was probably about Rylands height and very fit. He had dark brown hair and almost grey eyes. He gripped onto the tree and began shaking it. I gripped onto it for dear life. I heard snapping coming from down below as the roots pulled out of the ground, the tree let out a loud snap as it began falling. Great. I stood up and launched myself at the nearest one wrapping my legs around the trunk.

This guy began shaking this tree as well, however I wasn't as lucky this time. The wind blew through my hair as I fell down preparing for the painful impact with the ground.

I sat up gasping for breath as I glanced at a worried Ryland.

"You good?" He asked me.

I just nodded my head and leaned against the door. The car was parked a few minutes later and we made our way to the plane. I walked up the stairs and into the small plane. I was going to walk to one of the leather seats in the back but Ryland stopped me directing me towards the seat right next to his. I took a seat and felt extremely tense. Planes weren't really my thing.

"Relax." Ryland said before glancing at his phone. I gripped onto the leather armrests tightly as the engines roared to life. I never left my pack in California, ever. We were always there or in neighboring packs. Every time we had turbulence I would panic, which apparently was hysterical to Ryland. He would shake his head and chuckle every time I yelped. 

"It's not that bad." He told me seeing the look of panic spread across my face, at the shaking of the plane.

"If we die on this freaking plane I will haunt you." I threatened.

"We're not going to die, just calm down. We only have a few more minutes in the air before we start descending." He told me. I wrapped my hand around my seatbelt and tightened it a little more.

"If you tighten that fucking seatbelt anymore it's going to suffocate you." He snapped at me agitated with my constant panic.

"Leave me alone." I snapped. "At least if we crash I'll stay in the plane, while you go flying."

"Alpha, we will be landing shortly." Called the pilot from the cockpit. I felt a tiny bit relieved before I realized that we had to drop tens of thousands of feet back to the ground. Ryland stuck out his hand , he must have noticed my face full of horror. I hesitantly stuck my hand out and interlocked it with his. Deciding to temporarily forget about what happened earlier, we will definitely have to talk about that incident soon though.

——————————————————————

Once we reached the ground I quickly grabbed my bag and ran out of the plane. I took in a deep breath of cold fresh air, and at that moment I realized my converse were being soaked. I glanced down and noticed about three or four inches of snow.