Chapter Fourteen

Ryland and my mom were both yelling at me as black blood continuously splattered on the ground in front of me. My mom quickly looked away from me startled by something. She raised her arms slowly and began walking towards the door.

Let me take over. Echoed through my skull. I did just that. I closed my eyes and felt my mind shift to the backseat. I reopened my eyes and Ryland looked shocked. I stood up, not controlling my movements and headed towards the cave entrance. I looked around at the sight around me. The snow turned black below my feet as I walked. Limp bodies splayed across the woods, mangled, bloodied and frozen. I followed my moms footsteps through the woods.

There he stood. Cade. Too close to my mother.

"Get away from her." A voice sounded from my mouth, though it was not mine.

A vicious smile spread across his face, his eyes had a glint that could be deemed inhuman.

"We'll look at this. Little Octavia finally grew up. To think it only took killing that fucking oaf. I wish we could've had this family reunion under better circumstances." He palmed the daggers that lay dangling from his belt.

"He's mine." I snapped earning a hesitant look from my mom. I charged towards him feeling an overwhelming surge of power from all the death that surrounds us. He raised his arms but in this moment nothing could stop me. This man has hurt the people I care about and he will pay.

I felt shadows emerge from my hands and swarm both of us. A flicker of shock crossed his face but he quickly hid it with a cruel smile.

"You will not win, Octavia. I know things that you wouldn't dare to ponder."

"Has it ever occurred to you that you talk too much." I snapped. He charged at me. His dagger in his hand which I quickly dodged. He grabbed for my waist slamming me onto the ground. I coughed as the wind got knocked out of me. I caught the glint of silver catch my eye and quickly rolled out of the way before the dagger could strike my abdomen.

I kicked his knee hard with my feet knocking him over. His dagger flew from his hand landing in my thigh. I groaned out in pain as black ran out of the gash. I quickly pulled it out. He made a mistake, arming me. I felt the darkness embody the dagger, becoming an extension of myself. I launched at him and before he could react, I plunged the dagger in his chest. His eyes flared before he shoved me off.

"You cannot kill me." He snapped as blood began splattering out of his mouth.

"You will regret not siding with me." He choked out. Before the hatred and life faded from his eyes. I stepped back leaving the dagger in his chest.

——————————————————————

Ryland's POV

I clutched at my chest as I once again became familiar with the feeling of my heartbeat. I was dead. But she saved me. I was dead. I needed to get to her. I tugged on our bond trying to reach her. But I felt weak. I scooted up onto my knees before hurling myself up. I groaned at the pulling sensation in my chest. I slowly rose to my feet and followed the way Octavia went out of the cave. I leaned most of my weight on the cave wall until I reached the entrance.

I almost fell to my knees at the sight in front of me. She was standing in what appeared to be black clouds as a black crown that seemed to be made of shadows appeared on her head.

Luna Brielle stood next to me with complete shock yet a hint of pride lacing her face. I was so distracted by the sight of my Luna that I didn't notice the body that laid on the ground with a dagger firmly in his chest.

Cade.

I limped my way towards her as the shadows began dispersing around her into nothing but air.

"Octavia." I whispered.

That seemed to break her out of whatever trance she was in. Her pitch black eyes faded back to her light brown eyes, yet something looked different. There were flecks of silver detailing her beautiful eyes. This was not just my Luna anymore. A Queen. A Goddess stood before me.

I almost fell to my knees if it weren't for the swaying of her body. I moved as quickly as I could to catch her before her small body hit the black snow surrounding us.

"I'll open a portal to send you back to your pack." Brielle spoke moving her arms. "Keep her safe until I can get to you guys. I'll go get the remainder of your warriors." She spoke no room for debate in her tone. I quickly walked through the portal she opened squeezing tightly onto my mate, afraid she would some how disappear from my arms. The familiar scent of home filled my nose. As I stepped onto the pack grounds holding my limp mate in my arms.

I felt my control simmering away as the rage from my wolf clawed at my mental wall at the sight of our mate. I walked past shocked pack members. They all bowed their necks in submission to us. I walked past the warrior sparring area, as snow crunched below my bare feet. They all stopped fighting to bow their heads as well. I made it to the house slamming the door open.

I rushed her upstairs to our room and gently placed her on the bed. I mind-linked the pack doctor before lazily pulling on a pair of sweatpants. I walked around the bed to where Octavia laid limp and untied her boots pulling them off her small feet. I then pulled off her socks and then pants. Leaving her in her underwear I walked back to my closet and grabbed another pair of my sweatpants and one of my sweatshirts for her. I laid them on the end of the bed and ran my finger over the stab wound on her leg.

I allowed myself to shift partially, my tongue became as it would be when in my wolfs form. I leaned down and licked the wound, the taste of her unique sweet blood filling my senses. Quickly her wound began closing and healing itself. I shifted completely back to my human form and walked to the bathroom to get a wet rag to clean the black blood off of her skin. I then began dressing her in my clean clothes which were massive on her. I pulled her shirt off and let it fall to the ground with her bloodied pants.

I growled out at the sight of her yellow and purple bruised abdomen. I unclasped her bra and refused to look at her bare chest. I would get to see all of my mate when the time was right. I pulled my large sweatshirt over her head before laying down next to her, tucking her into my side before allowing darkness to take over.