Chapter Nine

I woke up gasping for air. Ryland was sitting in front of me holding onto my hand.

"Octavia? Talk to me." He spoke moving his hands to my shoulders.

"What did you see?" He asked looking panicked. "Did they touch you." He growled.

"My mom, we need to warn my mom." I coughed still regaining my breath and my surroundings.

His eyes went cloudy for a second signaling that he was mind-linking someone.

"Tell me everything that happened, Octavia." He growled.

"They saw me again. They had a powerful warlock with them. His name was Cade." I said disgusted. "I don't think my mom was an only child." I spat.

His eyes widened in shock. He went silent before acknowledging the fact I wanted to desperately ignore.
"So you're telling me, someone possibly just as powerful as your mother, is out there with very differentiating views on the world?"

I just nodded.

He pulled me onto his lap breathing in my scent. "Fuck. We're going to have a meeting with the higher ups and then everyone. We will go over strategies, I'll invite allied packs including your family's. We need to prepare for war."

I just nodded in response frowning at the thought of another possibly deadly war.

"He killed the leader." I blurted out, locking my eyes with his.

He looked at me confused waiting for me to explain while squeezing my hand reassuringly.

"Cade, he killed the leader of the wolves. I don't know what is going to happen now. I don't know what the visions are going to be like Ryland. What if he is there every time." I began to panic.

"We will kill him." He snapped. "The only thing we can do now is wait while we gather information." I just nodded my head agreeing.

————————————————————————

2 days later

"Ready?" Asked Ryland in our bedroom. I nodded my head, he took my good hand in his and we interlocked our fingers before walking down the large staircase.

"How many pack leaders did you say again?" I spoke nervously.

"43, we need everyone on the continent to help us this time." He spoke squeezing my hand reassuringly.

We walked through the big doors of the meeting room. Every pack leader and their significant other or beta stood up as we walked towards our seats.

I felt Ryland tense, as he put on his cold facade to assert dominance among the other packs.

I saw Mom and Dad smile at me before taking their seats. I felt more at ease knowing they were here too.

"I would like to thank everyone for making the time to be apart of this meeting. A new threat is in our midst. My mate, Octavia has had an encounter with a potentially equally as powerful being as Luna Brielle Darkstone. We need every packs resources to combat this new threat. I will provide more information once we get more." Everyone looked shocked except my mom. She looked almost angry.

After everyone left the meeting hall, mom and dad rushed over to me giving me a hug.

"What happened to your arm?" Was the first thing out of both of their mouths.  I think they suspected that Ryland hurt me.

"I was attacked by a rogue, I had a vision at a bad time, but I promise I'm ok." I smiled.

"Show me, I can heal you." Mom spoke ignoring me say I'm ok.

Ryland unwrapped the bandages on my arm revealing the stitches running up my whole forearm.

My mom raised her hand over my arm before closing her eyes. I groaned in pain as her magic began repeating the damage on my skin. Suddenly the pain stopped and I opened my eyes, my arm looked like it was back to normal. I gave my mom a big hug noticing the black lines scattering across her forearms. I hated that it hurt her to help others or to even just protect herself.

"Wait!" I nearly screamed.

Ryland, mom and dad both jumped in shock at my outburst.

"Mom, you have limitations to your powers, that means Cade likely does too." I spoke. "What if we can get him to use an absurd amount of magic to weaken him?"

"No." Said mom quickly. "When I get to that point is when I'm most powerful. I check out of any mental states and that being takes over. The day of the Great War, I took out an army after overusing my magic, sure it hurts but when your in that state you ignore the damage your causing yourself." She frowned.

Dad wrapped an arm around her, pulling her against his side.

"We are gonna head back to our chambers for the night, but we will see you in the morning." Dad smiled at me. They both hugged me one last time before heading out of the meeting hall.

Now it was just Ryland and I.

"It's going to be ok, Octavia." Ryland said noticing the look on my face. "Let's head back to our room." He grabbed onto my hand keeping me at his side.

"I just feel so helpless." I frowned.

"We're going to figure this out and take that fucker out." He said making me smile.

Once we made it back to our room I went into the bathroom and changed into my pajamas before walking towards the bed.

Ryland was laying with the blanket over his lower half. His abs were clearly displayed. I might've been staring too long because he raised an eyebrow at me. I immediately felt heat rush to my cheeks.

I pulled the blanket down on my side before getting in, but before I did I saw something out of the corner of my eye.

I jumped before backing up.

"What?" Ryland asked concerned, "Another vision?"

"I see your junk." I spoke in shock.

He started dying laughing, clutching at the blankets.

"Your something else, you know that?" He spoke through his laughs.

"Why can't you just wear pants?!" I questioned raising a hand to my head.

" I'm more comfortable sleeping like this." He chuckled.

"Your unbelievable." I sighed before getting in next to him. I glanced up at him while I rested my head on the pillow.

"Your beautiful." He spoke quietly. I felt heat rush to my cheeks again. I went to turn my head but he raised his hand tilting my head back. Before I could even realize what was happening his lips connected to mine. I felt sparks rush throughout my body. I raised my hand up to hold onto his shoulder. He shifted so that he was now on top of me, pressing his lips against mine harder.

I pulled away to breathe for a second before he quickly smashed his lips back down onto mine. He pulled away and rested his forehead against mine.

"We should stop, before I do something I don't think your ready for." He whispered.

"I feel your stuff on my leg." I whispered out of breath, causing him to burst out laughing again.

"Goodnight beautiful." He chuckled pressing his lips to mine one more time quickly.

"Goodnight." I smiled.