Chapter Thirty-Six

Cousin? Oh goddess. I stared in shock; Ryland was calling for me and my mom was crouching on the floor squeezing my hands.

"What does that mean?" I asked her in my head.

"It means now we know how to kill him and why he has that obsession with that unusual dagger." I took another deep breath before looking back up at Ryland's eyes. This must have been the deepest red they have ever been.

"He can't pull me into those...places again." I whispered. "We saw things... t-things from his mind." I whispered as I watched those memories flash through my mind. "We know how to kill him." I managed to breathe out.

"Fuck. Brielle I want you with her at all times." Ryland growled causing me to jump. "We have more soldiers at the border." He pressed a kiss to my head and rose to his feet before he hurried towards the door. James, Kolton and Jake were quickly out the door behind him. I slowly sat up.

"Mom, I will be fine, they won't be, they need you." I pleaded with her. She sighed and glanced at Lydia.

"Stay with her. If anything happens with dark magic, I swear to the goddess I will never let you even think about using magic again." I've never seen mom so serious about stuff like this. Well I guess Lydia has never used dark magic before. She just nodded and frowned but stayed close to me.

Once I heard the front door shut, I turned to face an exhausted Lydia.

I could hear screams from outside. I slowly stood up, my legs shaking slightly. What is wrong with me? I placed a shaky hand over my swollen stomach as I made my way to the window. I leaned against the wall and pulled the side of the curtain up so I could peak outside without being seen. I could see warriors and their swords clashing with...with demons?

"They need our help." She snapped. I saw Lydia giving me a look, having an idea of what I was going to do.

"No, Octavia. Mom will kill me." She snapped.

"I'm not going to sit on my ass and do nothing while everyone's lives are at risk." I went to take a step but my whole body froze. I looked at Lydia in shock. Her hand was raised and she had a sad look across her face.

"No." She whispered.

"We don't have time for this." She snapped. I felt myself shift into my subconscious as Lydia's hold broke down into nothing. She stared at me wide eyed.

"Octavia, please." She spoke.

I regained control over myself and made my way do the door. I pushed the door open ignoring the shakiness that was overtaking my body. I watched in terror as I saw Ryland fighting three demons at once. Mom was yelling as she did what she could, but she was growing weaker the more she used her abilities. My attention snapped to where I saw James on the ground with a demon above him, trying to slice at him with sharp talons.

"No." I breathed out. Suddenly everything seemed to stop as if my plead was enough to snap them out of this. Every demon rose from the fights they were in and turned to me. I stared wide eyed as they all watched me, as if they were waiting for something.

"What is going on?" I asked her as a few began stepping closer.

"Octavia!" Ryland screamed, snapping me momentarily out of my shock.

I felt myself sink back into my subconscious as my hands raised next to me. I watched as shadows ebbed from my fingertips, staining the white snow as it pushed towards each and every one of the frozen demons. I felt rifts get torn into the air around us, I watched as the shadows flowed into the rifts, sending the demons back to the underworld.

"They may be monsters, but no creature deserves that torment." She spoke, referring to the gods and their manipulation. I felt energy leaving my body in masses as the last of the demons were sent back to their home realm.