Chapter Thirteen

I felt groggy as I sat up on the floor. I rubbed my eyes and looked around. Where was I? I was sitting on a wet floor, but my clothes were as dry as they could be. I stood up and walked around.

"Is anyone here?" I called out to no one in particular. How did I get here? Was this another one of Cade's mind games?

"Hello my child." I jumped at the unfamiliar voice. I turned around and was met by the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. Her long white hair flowing down her back, her white gown flowing around her in contrast to her tanned skin. She was stunning. Her eyes were a very pale blue, almost white.

"Who are you?" I asked in confusion.

"I'm Celene, the Moon Goddess." She spoke calmly. She reached out her hand and motioned for me to walk towards her.

"I never thought I would see you here Octavia, what happened?" She asked running her hand through my hair.

"How do you know who I am?" I asked in shock.

"I created you, my child." She said amused. I was in complete and total shock but I knew I had more important things to focus on right now.

"I don't know how I got here. Ryland... he..." I couldn't say it. I couldn't bring myself to say it. I need him.

"You can save him." She told me.

"How? He's..."

"You got here, didn't you? If you could make it to this realm, you can save him."

"Realm?" I asked confused.

"This is where souls go, for their fate to be decided, whether he is sent to the heavens or the abyss isn't up to me, but it gets decided here."

"How do I find him?" I asked her ready to take off running.

"Follow your heart and you will find him." She spoke before she began fading away.

I didn't wait before taking off, letting my legs guide me. I didn't know where I was going but I felt like it was the right way.

"Ryland!" I yelled. It echoed around this never ending area.

"Ryland!" I tried again as I continued running.

I gripped at my hair in frustration, why wasn't this working? The scene around me didn't change at all. I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths. She said follow my heart.

I kept my eyes closed and kept remembering all the happy moments and even some of the bad ones with Ryland. How he made me laugh when I was feeling down. How he would protect me no matter what. I was always his first priority and he loved me and I love him. I know I was wary of him at first but now feel like I am suffocating without him. I felt wind pick up around me before I saw him.

"Ryland!" I yelled. He turned his head and a look of shock crossed his face. I charged at him crashing into him with a bone crushing hug.

"Octavia? What are you doing here?" He asked frantically holding onto my face. " they got to you?" He asked looking close to tears.

"No." I shook my head taking a deep breath before continuing. "I somehow got to this realm and met the moon goddess." I told him.

"The moon goddess?" He asked in shock. "Octavia you shouldn't be here." He said cupping my cheeks.

"I need you Ryland." I cried. "She said I can save you."

"We will be messing with the balance of nature, Octavia. My time is over, I love you so much and I hope you know that. But I need you to go back and leave me here. My fate is going to be decided soon." He told me wiping my tears away with his thumb.

"I won't leave you here, Ryland. I don't care if I'm being selfish but you are coming back with me." I told him.

"Baby, I can't." He spoke pulling me against his chest.

"Ryland." A deep voice growled. I pushed myself in front of Ryland and this being. Ryland tensed and gripped my arm in an attempt to pull me back but I was angry, and was going to fight whoever I had to in order to save him.

"Who the fuck are you?" He asked taking a step closer to me.

"Ah, my child." He spoke stepping closer to me.

"Celene has told me so much about you." He spoke towards me.

He almost looked like a shadow, a black cloud swarmed him, so it was impossible to see any of his features.

"Don't talk to her." Ryland growled pushing me behind him.

"You must be her mate."

"My child, how did you get here? It is not your time." He spoke to me again.

"I opened a portal." I told him as if it was the most ordinary thing.

"I see." He spoke. "To save your mate I assume?"

I just nodded in response.

"My dear child you cannot save him."

"Yes, I can." I growled. I felt my conscious alter again as my mind floated back.

"He will not stay here." I snapped.

"Getting comfortable in our new form are we?" He asked still unmoving.

"If you are so set on taking him back then do it.  The others will be here shortly for the verdict." I nodded and held tightly to Ryland.

"It was nice to finally meet you, my child."

I felt the room spin as the scenery changed. I opened my eyes to see the cave surrounding us as long with Ryland, however he was naked in his human form. I could hear a heartbeat. I let out a sigh of relief. My head was throbbing. How did I do that.

"Ryland." I whispered my voice sounded slurred. I coughed up black, what appeared to be blood.

"Octavia?" I heard Ryland groan. I couldn't breathe. I continued coughing up the black blood as my body shook. My body felt like it was underwater.

"Octavia!" I heard my moms voice.

She ran in the cave and placed her hands on my shoulders.

"What did you do?" She muttered. "You can't mess with the balance of nature Octavia."