Chapter Twenty-Three

Mom hurried over and opened the door, to my surprise Jeremiah walked in and not Ryland. He was wearing a black tux that was tight against his arms.

"Hello ladies." He bowed his head slightly until his eyes met mine and widened. "You all look beautiful."

"I'm here for my Luna." He spoke walking towards me with a slight smile.

"You two are welcome to head down whenever your ready. I believe the others are in the living room." He told them before sticking his arm out for me. I looped my arm with his as we made our way out.

"You honestly don't look terrible." He laughed at me earning a punch to the arm.

"Where are we going? I was expecting Ryland." I asked him as we made our way down the hallway.

"Im escorting you, to your grumpy ass mate. He's finalizing something in his office before we make an appearance at the ball." I just rolled my eyes at him. As much as they antagonize each other, I knew deep down they loved each other like brothers.

"Where is the ball?" I asked him realizing I never saw any ballroom or open party space on the pack grounds.

"You will see." He smiled mischievously.

"You suck sometimes, you know that?" I groaned. He just rolled his eyes at me as we kept walking. Once we finally made it to Rylands office, we heard talking so we decided to wait. Now was my chance.

"I'll be right back, I think I left something in the the exam room." I told him earning a confused look. I quickly opened the door and walked towards the bathroom.

"What did you forget?" Jeremiah asked entering the room as well. I quickly picked up the test and looked at it. There were two lines. I swear my heart stopped beating for a second.

"Octavia?" I heard Ryland call out from the office. Shit.

"What is that?" Jeremiah asked now standing in the bathroom door frame.

"Nothing." I blurted out hiding it behind myself.

"What is it? We're friends you don't have to lie." Suddenly I heard a door slam causing me to jump and clumsily drop the test. It rattled on the floor and my eyes widened in terror.

"Is that? Are you?" Jeremiah asked wide eyed.

"Don't tell Ryland." I pleaded. "I just.."

"Don't tell me what?" My heart nearly leapt out of my chest at my mates voice coming from the exam room. I quickly kicked the pregnancy test under the counter. Before walking past Jeremiah and into the exam room.

"She's tired and didn't want me to say anything." He lied quickly his face void of any emotion.

Ryland was staring at me in shock. I'm not sure if he even heard what Jeremiah said. His eyes trailed down my body pausing at the slit in my gown.

"You look perfect." He breathed before his now red eyes stared deep into mine.

"Have the others enter the dining hall. We will join you shortly." Ryland said to Jeremiah, his eyes never leaving mine. Jeremiah just nodded and gave me a sympathetic look.

Once Ryland heard the click of the door he shoved his lips hard against mine. He backed me up against the wall as his kisses began trailing down my jawline and neck. He rested his forehead against mine closing his eyes and breathing deeply.

"I want to rip this off of you, so fucking badly." He growled. "But it would be a shame for anyone to not see you in this dress." I stared at him my face completely flushed and my breathing was uneven.