Chapter Eleven

"I think he's coming for us. He knew we were coming here." I frowned looking at the man's now limp body and lifeless brown eyes.

Ryland reached down and pulled me up.

"I need to warn my mom." I breathed looking into Rylands worried yet cold eyes.

"No need for that." My head snapped at the sound of his voice.

Cade walked through the trees into the clearing standing before us. The squad stood defensively prepared for an attack. The energy and life almost felt like it had been completely sucked out of this clearing with his presence.

"I am here for her. No need for any of that." He chuckled taking a step closer. Ryland stepped in front of me blocking my view of Cade.

"You must be her mate. How unfortunate." He chuckled again. He raised his hands sending the whole squad except for Ryland and I flying. He had them pinned to the ground around us.

"If you do not come with me. I will snap their necks right now." He said with a grim look.

"She's not going anywhere." Ryland growled shifting into his wolf.

"Poor choice." He was about to move his wrists when I screamed.

"I'll go! just let them go!" I could feel tears running down my cheeks.

"I'm going to be needing him as well." He spoke taking another step towards us. Ryland growled viciously.

"That wasn't the deal." I snapped. "You just wanted me." I felt the anger boiling in my chest.

I was about to say something when I felt darkness swallow my vision.

—————————————————————

I felt a drowsy feeling wash over me as my eyelids cracked open. The room was blurry but felt unfamiliar. I went to move but my hands were restrained with chains.

"Ryland." I breathed out. Blinking multiple times. I coughed out uncontrollably and I saw as blood splattered on the cold cement below me. I yanked on my chains but felt too weak to do anything.

"Octavia." Spoken just barely above a whisper. I blinked a few times, looking in the direction of the voice.

After a few minutes I could tell it was Kolton.

"They took him." He breathed. "Try to be as quiet as possible or they will come back."

I just nodded.

"How long have we been here." I whispered still feeling incredibly drowsy. I blinked a few times.

"A few days maybe. They have been separating us. It started out as the whole squad and they kept coming to take people." He whispered with a sad look.

"We're going to get out of here." I breathed.

"The chains are enchanted, they won't break." He sighed.

I scooted onto my knees and pulled at them again. They had a faint shimmer lining each of the links. I channeled the demon and felt it take over. I pulled at them but they would not snap.

The wall around the chains post did begin to crack, which gave me hope. Maybe the chains will just have to be stuck to me a
Little bit longer. I continued pulling as the cracks became more evident. The sound of cement pieces hitting the ground echoed through this dark cell.

"Shit. Someone's coming. Pretend to pass out again." He whispered hurriedly. I quickly lay back down, letting my legs fall in front of me and making sure my back was blocking the cracks in the wall.