Chapter Eight

Ryland and I have been talking all morning about the wolves I've been having visions of, since I was a toddler.

"I've never heard of these wolves before, if they travel in these numbers you would think they would be more known." He groaned rubbing his temples. "We have looked through every fucking entry of attacks in the last century. None of them match the wolves you are describing."

"I just don't understand how they can see me now, after all these years." I spoke looking at his emerald green eyes.

" I haven't pieced that bit together yet either, it doesn't make sense because you were more vulnerable as a child." He muttered.

I swung my legs over the edge of the bed and stood up.

"I have an idea but your not going to like it." I spoke contemplating my options.

"Then I don't want to hear it, Octavia." He groaned, giving me an annoyed look.

"What if we use me as bait." I spoke ignoring his request.

"No." He snapped. "That's a stupid plan, even if you were at 100% that would be a fucking stupid idea. You could be hurt or killed. I will not fucking let that happen." He growled his eyes getting darker.

"Okay, okay. A different plan then." I spoke not wanting him to attack me like the first night.

He paused, closing his eyes and taking a few deep breaths. When he reopened them they were back to their normal color.

"Just please consider that to get a lead it may be our only option." I told him reaching out for his hand with my good arm.

"Enough with that. We're not doing it Octavia." He snapped looking into my eyes.

He lifted me up in his arms before carrying me outside of the hospital room.

"Where are we going?" I asked confused.

"I want you in our room, I'll have the pack doctor make hourly visits to check on you. I want you where I know your safe." He spoke slamming the doors open. I wasn't complaining I was tired of hearing the constant beeping of the monitors in the room along with the stench of saline and bleach.

Once we got back to our house Ryland walked us up the stairs. I was going to say something to him about me being able to walk but I didn't feel like arguing.

"You ok?" He asked me after placing me on our bed.

"Yeah, just kinda tired." I told him nuzzling my head into the pillow.

"I'm going to go grab my things from my office and bring them in here. Don't get off the fucking bed or else." He growled. He walked through the door not closing it behind him. I looked around the room at the light detailing on the curtains to the fluffy rug surrounding the bed. That's when he walked through the door holding his computer as well as countless journals.

"Are you feeling alright? He asked looking somewhat concerned. What is he talking about I felt fine, until I went to talk and not a single word was able to come out.

"Octavia?" He asked placing a hand on my forehead.  "Dammit you're burning up." He snapped.

The room began spinning and I felt the all too familiar feeling of nausea as my hands twitched uncontrollably.

I reopened my eyes. I was standing on a beach, but definitely not a beach I would want to swim at. It was cold here and the water looked extremely rough. I walked around on the sand and towards the woods. Once I got to the outline of the woods I considered turning around but decided against it. I walked past the trees until I heard a howl in the distance. I took a deep breath and continued walking. We needed answers and maybe this was a way to get some. Once I got closer to the howls and talking of people and wolves I started climbing up the nearest tree. I found a sturdy branch and began hopping to the following trees to get closer. I looked down to see multiple wolves sitting together in a circle all with the x on their fur.

There were men and women kissing at different spots and others sparring. This was exactly like a pack. Just missing some of the important few things packs normally have.

I continued jumping on the branches trying to be as quiet as possible.

I suddenly lost control of my body. I tried desperately to move my arms, legs, anything but nothing was working. My body got flung off of the tree and in the middle of the pack of wolves. In front of me stood a boy. He had icy blonde hair and extremely dark eyes. He had his arm raised, meaning he was the one controlling me. He had to be around my age if not a little younger.

"What do we have here?" Muttered a man walking through the crowd.

"Don't you know it's rude to lurk." He chuckled. "Thank you Cade." He spoke looking at the warlock.

The man had brown hair that flowed down to his shoulders and dirt stains all over his clothes. It was the same man from the other vision.

"Hello, Octavia." He spoke. "I'm glad we finally get the chance to talk.

"Cade, how long can you keep her here?" He asked.

"Maybe thirty minutes." He spoke with a bored tone.

"I think you can hold it a little longer than that." He snapped towards the boy who I now know as Cade.

"Watch it." Snapped Cade. "You know what I'm capable of. Don't push it."

I tried to talk but I couldn't even do that everything felt stuck.

"Stop resisting Octavia. It is only going to drain your energy quicker." Cade spoke looking annoyed.

"We would like to speak to you about a family member. See we've learned a few things, your mother is a Tribrid. Your brother is a wolf and your sister is a witch. Which led us to the conclusion that you were what we needed." Spoke the man.

He walked closer to me. He lifted his hand and ran his finger down my cheek. I tried to flinch away but it was no use.

"We need to bring you with us to help us summon more power. We will start massacres across the continent if you do not help us. Starting with your pack." He growled.

I managed to close my eyes and took a deep breath. I felt my mind shift and put me into my subconscious while the demon took over.

I saw both of them smile, I wasn't sure why though. That smile quickly changed when they realized I was breaking out of their hold.

Cade groaned while raising his hands higher and steadying his balance. I looked at him and watched as the grass around him began to die taking him down quickly. I turned to the man and began attacking. He threw me to the ground and was about to kick me in the stomach when a blade appeared through his chest.

Cade was standing behind him holding a dagger.

"I don't want to hurt you Octavia. I want to work with you. I'm just using these pathetic mutts to get what I want." He said with a sick smile.

"Who are you?" I asked

"I know quite a lot about your family. I was well acquainted with your grandparents actually." He laughed. My grandparents? He looked like he was my age, but my grandparents died when my mom was a child.

"How do you know them?" I snapped.

"You really think I will just spill everything to you." He chuckled taking a step closer to me.

"You haven't earned any information. I haven't been given anything in return." He spoke motioning to his pants.

"You are disgusting." I snapped.

"Not interested in jokes either I see." He laughed.

"I'm not like every other foul mutt you've been around." He chuckled. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a letter.

"Give this to your mother. Tell her, her brother misses her."