Chapter Twenty-Six

One And A Half Months Later

Rylands POV

I sat at the table with all the Alphas, Luna's and whoever the hell they had with them from the allied packs just like we've been doing every few weeks. Brielle was sitting holding Lincoln's hand tightly. None of us have been well since Octavia was taken. I made sure Jeremiah wasn't. I made sure it haunted him every time I saw him.

"Jeremiah, speak." I ordered him cutting off another Alpha. He knew better than to question me though, especially now, smart man.

"We...Well I, I guess, have a new lead." My eyes shot up at this, he looked unsure and worried, his eyes everywhere but on me.

"Well." I motioned for him to continue, refusing to get my hopes up. We have had various leads and they ended up leading us nowhere. I would go out every night and run as far as my wolf could go to find any trace of her. But it was as if she simply disappeared. I felt myself losing control of my wolf at the thought.

"I think he may be keeping her in an underground temple. I was hoping Luna Brielle may be able to identify it." He spoke quietly refusing to meet my eyes.

"How do you know this." I growled.

"It may sound odd, but I believe the moon goddess came to me in a dream last night." I was about to stand up and kick him out, but this was something. Anything was better than nothing.

"Tell me about it. The temple?" Brielle spoke softly.

"It was cold, dark, there was an arena of sorts with an alter in the middle. I could sense hatred and pure resentment throughout the structure. It was ancient." He finished rubbing his temples. "I realize it's not a lot, but I was hoping you would have more insight on it." He sighed rubbing his temples. He had large bags under his eyes. Good.

"It's more than you think, thank you." She spoke, excusing herself. Lincoln immediately motioned for his third, Jake to follow after her.

I winced earning a worried look from Kolton.

"This meeting is over." I ordered. No one questioned my sudden dismissal as they all rose from their seats and headed towards the door.

We waited until everyone left including Brielle's father. However her brother and sister remained.

"I can feel her pain through the bond." They were hurting her. My soulmate. The pieces of shit were fucking touching her.

"We're going to find her." Kolton reassured me.

"I have an idea." Lydia spoke quietly, she also had darks bags under her eyes.

Kolton looked ready to grab her and throw her over his shoulder.

"I've been reading ancient texts, studying the spells and I think I found one I could try. It's just very unpredictable. I don't want to tell mom, though. She has enough to worry about." She spoke quickly playing with her fingers.

"No." Kolton growled pulling her into his side.

"I'm with Kolton on this one." James sighed.

"I can make my own choices and I want to try." She spoke more firmly.

"What do you need?" I asked earning a glare from Kolton.

"I need your blood, we can use my blood too and I need something like her hairbrush or toothbrush, that has something from her on it." She breathed thinking hard.

"This will take a toll on me, I may b..be out of it for a little. Y..you may need to restrain me, if it becomes necessary." She frowned.

"Please don't do this." Kolton growled not letting go of her.