Chapter Twenty-Two

"Again." Jeremiah growled out as i sluggishly got up from the floor. "Everything is sloppy with you today, if this was a real fight you would be dead already."

"I'm not feeling great." I snapped at him. That drink made my stomach want to die. I had a piece of toast for breakfast and almost immediately vomited.

"You're sick?" He asked walking up to me and putting a hand on my forehead.

"I just feel a little nauseous today." I told him, giving him a reassuring smile.

"Let's stop for today, but I'm staying with you, Ryland is probably busy preparing for the ball." I looked up at him with a puzzled look. Ball? Ryland told me nothing about
it. He instantly paled when he noticed my expression.

"Jeremiah, what ball?" I asked turning to face him completely. His eyes panicking as if he was searching for an answer to give me in his head.

"How about we just forget I said that." He laughed nervously.

"What ball?" I asked again. "Please."

"If Ryland didn't tell you, that means he probably has something else planned." He sighed. "Just pretend I said nothing, I don't feel like spending a night in the dungeons for fucking up a surprise for you." I just shook my head at him.

"I'll keep it a secret..." I told him. "...and Ryland would never put you in the pack dungeons, you guys are like his best friends."

"He's still a moron sometimes." He laughed. I just rolled my eyes and went to pick up my bag when the smell of bacon filled my nose. Instead of enjoying the smell my stomach began churning. Oh come on.

I don't think it's the wine anymore. She sighed.

I caught a glimpse of Kolton walking in hand in hand with Lydia both of them were holding a plate of bacon and eggs. I turned to Jeremiah about to warn him but it was too late. I vomited on the floor in front of us.

"That is fucking disgusting." Jeremiah cringed but he pulled my hair out of my face. I could sense Lydia and Kolton kneeling next to me on the floor as my stomach heaved.

"Just go, I'm fine." I coughed.

"Right." Jeremiah said sarcastically. A few minutes passed and Ryland slammed the doors open, stalking towards us.

"Can the two of you not train, at the house." He growled. His eyes softened when they connected with mine.

"Did you push her too hard?" He growled ready to attack Jeremiah.

"I barely touched her dumbass, she waited thirty fucking minutes to tell me she was nauseous." He spoke. Ryland kneeled down in front of me taking my face in his hands and examining me for any injuries.

"Let's get you back to the house, okay?" He asked. I immediately shook my head. He gave me a look that made me want to show him my neck, but I refused. He carefully helped me to my feet, his eyes never leaving mine.

"Let me check her, if somethings wrong I can heal her." Lydia spoke handing Kolton her plate.

"I feel alright, I swear." I told them.

"Did you eat anything, today?" Jeremiah asked worriedly.

"I'm my defense when I left to come here it was still dark out, it was too early to eat." I sighed.